Nobody wants to do building mods?

New uniforms, new tanks...we even have apple tree mods(!), but nobody has released any new textures for the buildings in the game that I am aware of (except for some red tile roofs, which are more fitting to Spain than France, IMHO). That's suprising to me.

How about a couple of new looks for some of the farmhouses and cottages in the game?

Guest Warphead-

I did a trip to the Ardennes with Lindan last weekend. I took pictures of typical houses exactly for that purpose. I will never do a mod though. If somebody is interested just mail me and you can have the pics. I made shots of five or six buildings.

Yeah Warphead,

I'd appreciate it if you sent a few of the nicer ones to me or Oddball - or post them somewhere everyone can see.

And if anyone else has suggestions or links about what typical western european buildings looked like, please let us know.

Thanks,

MW

I don't think there's really any such thing as the "typical western European house." Going through France last month, the architecture could change fairly radically in the space of about 100 miles.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Guest Napoleon1944

Send me the Ardennes buildings. I have been working on Mods for trees and brush. I uploaded one that has a cow under a tree to Madmatt. I am not happy with the buildings either. I want to make some damaged buildings.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Runyan99:

New uniforms, new tanks...we even have apple tree mods(!), but nobody has released any new textures for the buildings in the game that I am aware of (except for some red tile roofs, which are more fitting to Spain than France, IMHO). That's suprising to me.

How about a couple of new looks for some of the farmhouses and cottages in the game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite true, CMHQ has a GREAT Church mod with colored vitrals ! But yes, now that there's some HiRes mods for pretty much everything else the buildings looks bad compared to the rest !

Hi everyone,

i have been working on loads of stuff recently (grass, trees, infantry...well just about everything but the vehicles) including buildings suitable for a rural themed map and as soon as i can figure out how to put a web page together for downloading i will start to post the stuff (i'm about 75-80% where i want to be with the textures so hopefully this will be in 3-4 weeks??.

i`m reluctant to send the mods to someone elses site as really its "work in progress" done for my own enjoyment. None of its 100% finished and most likely will never be ! (its a kinda BETA version really, which i will work on further as the mood takes me and if anyone else shows much interest.

If i e-mailed some screen shots to one of you could you post them here for the others to see and give me some feedback?

Guest Warphead-

Chupacabra: You are totally right of course. I wanted to say "typical houses for the Ardennes". And that's what they are. Most houses are built in the same style there. In other parts of western Europe the buildings look totally different. smile.gif

Hey Magua...

Can you send your beta version over, I will post them on my site, with all credits included of course.

As my site is mainly dedicated to "The Bulge" I would be honoured if anyone who is capable of making a set of Ardenese houses and landscape, would send me a few of his trials.

Thanks

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects