Axis or Allies Poll

Well, even though I'm french and had erred on the wild side for a wee whiley (75mm HTs are a plus) I am a fierce addict of the Brits.

Love them all.

The Vickers is a pain in the neck though when you have to go in fast.

biggrin.gif

My fav is the DaimlerAC/StuartV combo.

I'm a big fan of light vehicules.

Shame though there is no Daimler AC MkIII sporting the 75mm.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm a beginner and just doing QBs against the AI, I'm playing Brits as they are the hardest to win with of the Big Three. Plus, equipment wise you just got to love their mish-mash of American hand-me-downs and home-grown weirdness wink.gif

Ok, Good Mornin' all - if any went to bed at all from playing this great game. Here's the latests numbers

Allies - 28 (16 US, still 1 French, Brits made a comeback now with 5, Canadians 5)

Axis - 28

No preference - 6

Depends on the scenario - 2

Great comments from all. I'm certainly looking foward to playing more.

FYI - so far I've played 2 scenarios with US and one with German's - started it last night - I forget the name but is the one where you start out with a single tiger against the british column. I did feel pretty invinsible mowing everything out of the way. I wonder if that how they felt also?

"Remember, The Force with be with you... Always."

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Star Wars (A New Hope)

Allies, generally always unless I am testing a game I have edited.

Remember Rogue Trooper in 2000AD, the Southerners had all the bad kit and the Norts had all the best, so I was drawn to the Southerners because they where the underdogs. Same for the games I play, always play the ones with the least toys and the worst kit, victory is so much sweeter that way!! =)

Depending on the scenario of course I do prefer to play as a hamster, sometimes as a gerbil but hardly ever as a chinchilla as, although they are cute they are vicious when cornered. I haven't played as a daschund yet so i'll reserve comment on that one.

How about a new poll, hamstertruppen vs chinchillajager..please register your votes.

Allies almost exclusively. Several reasons for that:

--I like having lots of tanks rather than one big one.

--My girlfriend is Jewish and prefers that I not play the Germans

--American platoons have mortars, MGs and running AT teams integral to them.

--The Brits have the Churchill Croc

--The occasional fighter-bomber smile.gif

--Chris