For people who didnt get the game on Saturday....

Panzer Grenadier,

Normally, you would have gotten it in 1-3 days. But you ordered before all the pre-orders went out, where Thursday was the final day. Your order probably went out Thursday or even earlier! So you should still get it Monday or Tuesday, just the same as us pre-order folks. Wednesday latest, unless USPS messes it up, though its remote.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

Panzer Grenadier,

Normally, you would have gotten it in 1-3 days. But you ordered before all the pre-orders went out, where Thursday was the final day. Your order probably went out Thursday or even earlier! So you should still get it Monday or Tuesday, just the same as us pre-order folks. Wednesday latest, unless USPS messes it up, though its remote.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, ordered couple of days before pre-orders went out. I will not whine until Tuesday, Wed the latest.

After that I'll jump into my F-16, punch in the right coodinates take-off and launch no less than 6 Mavericks on the target.

biggrin.gif

Credit Card charged on the 15th (I've already received the bill in the mail which is dated 6-20-2000), yet no CM has been delivered. Supposing that my copy didn't ship until 2 days after it was charged, that means that I should have received it on the 21st or 22nd at the latest. I preordered last Fall, so I should have been among the earlier crowd to get a copy.

Steve, you really need to set up some sort of support line or email for people who havn't received their copy yet. There ARE such things as mistakes and the sooner they're corrected the happier we will be.

Pak, join the club. It seems just about everybody who ordered in Sept-Nov last year or so got screwed. We were all charged the 15th, and almost none of us have our copies yet, while we should have been just about the first to get them. Probably tomorrow. mad.gifmad.gif

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

[This message has been edited by Scott C (edited 06-25-2000).]

"everybody is acting like a bunch of beenie baby collectors.me!me!me!now!now!now!go buy some imported and settle down.low morale never won a war."

All I'm asking is for some sort of support line where people that ordered a LONG time ago but still havn't received their game can double check their order. It is quite possible that I or BTS gave the wrong address and I'd like to verifiy this so I can receive my game as quickly as possible.

This has nothing to do with 'me me me, now now now' - this has to do with a respectable software company offering a descent way to check our orders. BTS has opted to bypass a publisher for their game who would normally handle most customer support problems. Therefore they really need to provide some phone line (I dont care if I have to pay for the call) to at least check orders and maybe even technical support.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The reason I brought up the missed release dates is that, in going through old threads for the FAQ, it is comical how far off they were in their estimates.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, I think this is the exact reason BTS never gave a final release date when they began. They didn't want people bitching when the date passed and the game wasn't ready. I, for one, am glad they waited this long to release the game. Just think, we could have payed $50 and gotten something that looked like the Alpha if they were held to their estimates.

And now all of this other bitching...Give it a rest. If you ordered the game and your card was charged, I am sure the game is on the way. Could everybody receive the game on the first day? No. Is it taking longer to get the game into everybody's hands than BTS figured? I would say yes.

Preorders were a way to show your support of BTS. I am sure BTS would have loved to get the game to everybody that perordered first. There was a problem with this, since many of these preorders were being shipped overseas. This would mean they couldn't ship any new orders for at least two weeks so they tried the next best option. Folks, this is not a perfect world. Things happen sometimes.

BTS has created a great game and provided incredible customer service and response. They have said if you have not received the game by next Tuesday, to notify them. What more can they do at this point? I can't wait for my copy to arrive. I also can't wait for everybody else's copies to arrive so I don't have to read all of this bitching and complaining.

And we wonder why most designers don't want to deal with their customers.

------------------

Dan

Hello,

I ordered my copy on June 16th (Friday). My CC was charged on Monday the 19th. The game shipped to me on the 21st and I received yesterday (Sat the 24th).

Anyone who ordered before me (preordered that is) and has not received should be upset.

Jon

No REALLY? Odd how none of us noticed that... oh wait, we did. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Sorry Peng, I had to do it...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Scott C (edited 06-25-2000).]

Oh my Lord!

I remember the good old times, when in this board sound wargamers and grognards ruled...

Now, a bunch of selfish, cry babies complain in a most rediculous way, full of self-pity.

This is JUST A GAME!

Obviously you have some serious problems in your life, but this has nothing to do with CM...maybe you should apply for some professional help...

Fred

I don't think the people who haven't gotten the game are whining. They just want to know what the status of their order is--either from the seller (BTS) or the distributor (USPS). Since the news this morning is that the game is now sold out and production of new games will take a week, do people who still haven't gotten it just add a week? Logic would dictate yes, but since so many order have been processed out of order, it would be a good part of customer service if people could check the status of their order somehow. No flame, no whine, just a suggestion for a practice that many other on-line companies use.

JACKPOT!!!

Just for reference, on Thursday the 22nd, BTS posted a message saying, in part, "As of this morning all preorders, and all orders since last week, have gone out the door." Unfortunately this was not true. My copies were shipped on the 23rd, after preordering in October. I think this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the fulfillment company was not telling BTS the truth...

------------------

I ordered late Nov., early Dec., can't remember which. Card charged 15th, parcel shipped the 20th, received on the 24th.

Unfortunately I was out of town so didn't see it until about midnight last night. Fired it up this AM before work, installed patch, and opened the tutorial scenario just to make sure it all worked (it did) before leaving for work (late again).

Most of us probably owe the US Postal Service some apology, since they seem to have kept up their end of the bargain. I have tried to be cool about this whole thing, so my virtual lip is nearly bitten in twain. But the fulfillment deal was not too impressive. As some have noted.

The shipping glitch is pretty minor in the grand scheme, and that's what I told myself before it arrived. It failed to comfort me.

The only lesson I can offer those of you still waiting is that: YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY UNTIL IT GETS THERE. There is nothing I can say, or that you can do, to alleviate this, except to drink heavily*. The whole thing will eat at your soul and suck the music from your heart. My sincerest condolences to all my former companions in this and related threads. frown.gif

*Please drink responsibly- never post while drinking!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pak40:

All I'm asking is for some sort of support line where people that ordered a LONG time ago but still havn't received their game can double check their order. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am suddenly having this image... A phone rings, operator picks up:

"Hello, Combat Mission Samaritans, Maggie speaking, how can I help?"

"I, uh, my... it..."

"Your game did not arrive?"

"Uh, yes..."

"And you are depressed? Feel like biting someone's throat? Itching to pour napalm over the offices of the fulfillment company? Posting lots threads on the board? Think that would make you feel better?"

"Uh, yes, I dunno... think so..."

"You do realise that would be illegal or pointless though."

"Well, uh... any other ideas?"

"How about Wehrzac 43? 50ml should do the trick, also proven to make concerns about barrel droop go away"

"Oh gee, that should help, ta"

"Welcome"

------------------

Andreas