Red Folders?

I wouldn't want anyone to divert coding time from CM, but the red folder flag for unread messages since last visit would be so darned handy with the volume of traffic here.

Is that a dead issue, or are they working for the rest of you and not me confused.gif ? I know BTS mentioned difficulties with that feature earlier. Sorry for the mundane topic.

May I add that it would also be most practical to have the last page of multi-page threads displayed instead of the first one ! This would save another download operation when the end (=the last posts on the last page) are of interest !

Regards,

Thomm

Guest L Tankersley

I get the red folders only if I enter through the main battlefront.com forum page - if I link directly to the CM forum, they don't work.

I learn so darned much here. I was linked right to the forum page, so I'll try it from the main screen, though that's a lot more loading time at certain times of day.

I agree, too, about loading the last page first, or at least not downloading the first page until you pick one. But this is minor.

Guest Big Time Software

Hi MarkIV. You have to link to the general forum page for the cookie to be set correctly. If it isn't, the red folder thing won't work. Also, if you recently switched computers or browsers you might have to reset your user cookie. Do this by editing your Profile (don't need to make any changes).

Thomm, would love to but the scripts are not set up to work that way frown.gif I find this annoying too, but that's the way it is. You can click on the page number before the first page loads. This saves some time.

Steve

May I add that it would also be most practical to have the last page of

multi-page threads displayed instead of the first one ! This would save

another download operation when the end (=the last posts on the

last page) are of interest !

----

No no no, I want to read the first message first smile.gif

(I can't come every day)