What is the average age in this community--Different viewpoint

OK, so if the average age of this community is in the late 30's, why is it that a lot of you act like teenagers when it comes to getting your credit cards charged or finding a package "on your doorstep"??

And what's up with all this "WOOOHOOO"-ing?? Calm down, it's just a game. Granted a great game, but GEEZ! Let's act our ages. Please.

------------------

I'm just a little ol' realist. Don't mind me.

Well i'm 19 and a newcomer to this board. The way i see it is like this. These guys have been here for god knows how long waiting for this game. Some have had this game preordered for over a year, and still stayed on this board. Think about it, you post here daily for over a year about a game you don't have. Now that the game's finally almost at their doorstep, i think they have the right to get excited. Regardless of age, if i spent this much time here, i'd be that happy too. =)

-KOP

Yeah, but seems like the entire community at this little forum is getting a bit testy. I've been semi-flamed a few times today already for a few postings...OK, some of them were stupid. Still, I think the natives are restless.

I've thought for a while that it's the younger set that tries to "act their age" and be grownup about thihngs. As you pass about 27 or 28 or so you start to realise that it acting your age doesn't matter and everyone starts to let it hang out. don't haev an opinion on other ages, but my thirties contemporaries are much goofier than we were a decade ago.

Hmmm, guess we better not pay attention to your previous posts then Maximus. Remember "Forum's getting boring, guys."

So we were just trying to liven things up a bit. Sorry you didn't appreciate it.

But I'm 50 years old and if I want to have a little fun and post stuff like "They Charged My Card" why the hell can't I? Because you don't think I'm acting mature? I have to act mature most of the time, with my responsibilties in my job, to my family and to the community. I reserve the right to act how I please ... just as you surely reserve the right to object to it. Each to their own.

Joe

What indeed is the relationship between chronological age and behaviour. Is the ability to write stream-of-consciousness drivel and the required lack of self-criticism that ensures said drivel is immediately sent to this board restricted to the young. I think not - consider your own record Maximus. Age is a neccessary but insufficient condition for wisdom. One also requires the ability to feel pain and a functioning memory. It does not neccessarily follow that the older one gets the less enthusiastic one becomes.

Joe (not the Joe but a Joe)

Well, my point was really to the effect of someone starting a new thread screaming "MY CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED!!". You know, like BIG DEAL. Since they started shipping Wednesday, I should hope that they have charged all credit cards.

Compassion, well if that is really the case, about people that are in their late-20s and over, that they let themselves "hang out" as you say. Then that's maybe why I have a hard time taking any body seriously. For a person of age as such to act a fool is not very productive to society. Ever watch those court TV shows? (Judge Judy, Joe Brown, etc..) One of the most repeated quotes from the judges is "GROW UP!"

------------------

Don't mind me. I'm just a little ol' realist.

Well I have only been on for a short time and only ordered my game about a month ago but I am real happy about getting it and Iam a 54 year old deranged VietNam Vet cool.gif

enjoy your life we fought for the right to do so tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Compassion, well if that is really the case, about people that are in their late-20s and over, that they let themselves "hang out" as you say. Then that's maybe why I have a hard time taking any body seriously. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And well you shouldn't in the case of the credit card charge message, but if you are judging someone entirely on a little exuberance in a forum about games then I don't know.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> For a person of age as such to act a fool is not very productive to society.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's being productive? We are talking about playing a game and being excited that we have tangible proof that it's on it's way... Now, I don't get excited about credit card transactons being done, but if it makes for lively conversation for some, then fine. People who are serious all the time or feel the weight of their years have heart attacks. Yay them.

Not to say that I haven't learned much here, but I learn stuff every day and usually manage to have a good time doing it. I walk through serious halls and cube farms every day. The most productive are usually those that can have a little fun while doing so.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Ever watch those court TV shows? (Judge Judy, Joe Brown, etc..) One of the most repeated quotes from the judges is "GROW UP!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't stand those shows. I think that they are elitist in a way and are designed to make fun of the ignorant.

OK, so if the average age of this community is in the late 30's, why is it that a lot of you act like teenagers when it comes to getting your credit cards charged or finding a package "on your doorstep"??

And what's up with all this "WOOOHOOO"-ing?? Calm down, it's just a game. Granted a great game, but GEEZ! Let's act our ages. Please.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh piss off.

------------------

Dulce Et Decorum Est

It's like the 20-40-60 rule.

At 20 you're worried about what everyone thinks of you

At 40 you don't care what anyone thinks of you

At 60 you realize no one's been thinking about you at all

smile.gif

Bob Mercer

------------------

"Next slide, next slide, you swine! Do you want to brief forever?" Apologies to Frederick the Great

Well, my point was really to the effect of someone starting a new thread screaming "MY CREDIT CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED!!". You know, like BIG DEAL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Moon, when are you gonna activate your scenarios/operations...Just wondering 'cause I'd like to have them ready when I get the game." - Maximus, the reserved, earlier today.

Since they started shipping Wednesday, I should hope that they have charged all credit cards.

See "Yet Another Shipping Update". Of course, you were just thinking the same thing...

[This message has been edited by Mark IV (edited 06-15-2000).]

Guest MantaRay

Hey, if I acted my age, I wouldn't even be playing computer games. And when I get the package, I am not going to open it up nice and dainty like either, it is going to ripped open like a Sherman running into a company of King Tigers.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

MAXIMUS, You take your pleasures where you can, You need to relax and not be quite so chip on the shoulder type, if you don't like what others are doing don't read it. I will be 60 on monday so I've earned the right to be a curmudgeon, but I still like life and all that it brings, enjoy (if you can) and above all be peaceful, unless you have to blow the hell out of something!!! for that there is CM. Mr Merse my grandchildren still love me.

Guest TURBO

Hey maximus (OBG) some of us never grow up thats what makes life fun. wink.gif Agree with you on the credit card thing thou.

[This message has been edited by TURBO (edited 06-15-2000).]

...why is it that a lot of you act like teenagers when it comes to getting your credit cards charged or finding a package "on your doorstep"??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know many teenagers with credit cards...