So wheres the Darn game?

Guest Frankrad

Guest Big Time Software

So long as all the manufactured goods get back to our warehouse on time, first week in June we will start shipping. It is pretty obvious to us that it will probably take a couple of days for these guys to ship all the preorders, so it might take 3 days or so from the time we start shipping until the time an individual order goes out the door.

For you guys that placed an order a year ago... front of the line smile.gif All orders go out in the order they were received.

Steve

Guest JonS

Huzzah!!

now, lets see. I ordered late last year, and they're being shipped by date-of-recepit-of-order, so I should be about #47,254, which means it should be on my doorstep in early August smile.gif

See guys, pays to order early! tongue.gif

Regards

Jon

------------------

Ubique

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 05-22-2000).]

I placed my order before the beta demo ever came out. So I'll be

looking for my copy of CM on or about June 6. smile.gif

Hey Steve, will these packages be well padded? I don't want

even a scratch on my shiny new CM cd case. smile.gif

I think I ordered the game about a year ago now, but I'm not that sure anymore. Can BTS somehow confirm this? smile.gif

I was under the impression back then that I would get the game before the summer of '99. My credit card has probably expired by now, if there is any credit left anyway smile.gif

KAding

Guest Big Time Software

Number of sales is a trade secret. If you wanna buy the rights to see it, we can talk smile.gif

KAding, if you live in Belgium, then your order is all set and your credit card not due to expire for another 2 years.

We will email people about expired credit cards BEFORE we ship so there will be time to make corrections.

Steve

Steve,

I know, sales figures are a trade secret wink.gif

but can you rate the order figure like:

a) less than we expected

B) as expected

c) more than we expected

d) when do they ship my two new Ferraris smile.gif

Fred

Ahem...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>For you guys that placed an order a year ago... front of the line All orders go out in the order they were received.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...to which I say...Y-E-S! biggrin.gif

Christmas is coming early this year!

Steve C.

Guest Big Time Software

Fred,

Depends on when we made a prediciton smile.gif It is about where we wanted it from the time we made a prediction back when the Beta Demo launched. The real test will be the first three months AFTER release (i.e. when reviews come out, word of mouth spreads, PBEM ladders are going up, etc.)

Steve

Guest Germanboy

Well the DL figures at Download are rocketing, CM is now popular in both Mac and PC sections. Versiontracker is climbing steadily, too. Between them about 12,000 DLs now (including about 5,000 from the Beta). There are lots of other sites without numbers, so I guess the game is generating lots of interest.

No sign of it at www.tucows.com though, which is strange.

More reviews by board members please!!!

Rousing the rabid rabble of CM fans to desastrous effect as always...

------------------

Andreas

It is amazing what you can learn from a good book...

Guest GriffinCheng

1st week of June? I think my credit card has expired. Better re-order again. frown.gif

Griffin @ work

Now, let's do the accounting:

If we are to assume each copy costs $25 to manufacture (and this is strictly a guess - actual cost might include a one time cost, and a per copy cost), then BTS would earn $20 per copy.

In order to earn a competitive wage, BTS would want to make (pre-tax) at least $50K per man-year, and my guess the product took 4 man-years of work. Then BTS would have to sell 10,000 copies just to make a decent living.

Come on loyal CM fans - get your pre-orders in, and support Steve and Charles!

Guest Zulu1

Yes, I agree that CM should sell well over 10,000 copies. Once the reviews and awards start pouring in, 100,000 should be no problem.

Richard from Shrapnel Games stated that 101 Airborne has sold over 60,000 copies worldwide todate and Horse & Musket is going into its second printing. 101 Airborne had a bloody awful distributor and inspite of it did pretty good.

pressing the CD costs very little around $1 each

but the man power involved over the time to make the game would be the expensive part im guessing.so im happy to part with my $100 australian to buy this game it plays great in the demo .im sure the full game is going to be amazing .plz let me know where to send my us money order and how much for postage im ready to pay and play and still have nt had a reply to my e.mail to your sales page smile.gif