Don't you really hate it when.....

I have detected a bit aimlessness in the ranks as the long awaited day (*kneel-genuflect - eyes downcast*) of salvation approaches. So to kill time (I mean how many times HAVE you played those demos anyway?) it might be fun to hear what you hate........

* When you work out a great start position, send your units off to their positions, get involved in taking out the enemy armor and finally check back and find a unit or two (often a machine gun) catching a few rays while his buds are wondering where the enfialading fire went to. redface.gif

* When we all know when and where those Hellcats are going to appear. rolleyes.gif

* When you have the opposition outflanked, on the run, disorganized and the AI insists that you have a 45% chance of victory, thereby forcing you to hunt down and waste other units, violating Sun Tzu's maxim on manuver over battle. tongue.gif

I am sure those of you have played a lot longer have experenced your own particular frustration or circumstance........

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 04-11-2000).]

A squad gets decimated by small arms fire because they decide it's better to stand outside the house they fought so hard to capture instead of inside, where they were just last turn... redface.gif

By the time my machinegunner reaches that choice cover the battle is over. wink.gif

Guest hunt52

Your veteran sherman manages to miss the back of a StuG twice at a range of 40m only to be killed by that StuG by its first shot mad.gif

Who hires these gunners confused.gif

- Bill

Sabot...I know that feeling, at least my wife plays Age of Kings though. That somehow makes me feel better...LOL

I hate it when: I get enthusiastic over the way the new screenshots look but no one else in my house seems to care! How can that be? EVERYONE needs to be as excited as....oh sorry.. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black Sabot:

getting back from a 3 day road trip ready to try out some new tactics and the wife is hogging the computer, playing on-line Scrabble no less! mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get mad when I come back from a three-day road trip ready to try out some new tactics and my wife says she's too tired. wink.gif

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Captain Foobar

1)When you are trying to hold the church as Germans, in CE, and it BURSTS into flames!!! All occupant ROBBED of their lives precious.

2)When American mortars make the ULTIMATE 3 point shot, and kill 4 halftracks and 1 Stug with TOP HITS!!!! mad.gif

3) When you lay out a smokescreen that hinders your progress, and aids your opponent

4)When you have this conversation with yourself:

"Yeah, I know, I know. Its not proper tactics, but if it WORKS, than we will surely manage a Victory here" What are the odds of (INSERT CATASTROPHE HERE) will happen.

...Moments pass, you hit the GO button, and watch in horror, as your men DIE, and you KNEW better. smile.gif DAMMIT! I *KNEW* I shouldnt have exposed that flank armor/advanced that far/fired that arty yet/waited so long to attack/ blah blah blah

Seeing your sniper change targets every 20 seconds thus not shooting even once for at least 5 turns.

Having a Volksgrenadier squad in the same building as a bazooka team for over a minute without shooting them until after a StuG drives by and gets knocked out by this bazooka.

Dschugaschwili