Best things about CM!

I figure this may not be nescessary, but hey what the hell.

I wanna hear what is they thing they love best about cm, or any interesting things one finds about this game.

For example:

What I think is kinda odd yet great about this game is how when your not playing, it can sometimes be more fun just hearing about it. It can be more fun just to talk about this monster than playing it, playing it is great, but I find myself looking back on a good battle of CM like a great first date. While you play the scenario you might not even realize you are loving it, you might be sick of the game when you finish the scenario (it did take how many hours?). but then you run right out go to the battlefront web site and what do you do... HEAD FOR THE FORUM TO TALK ABOUT IT!

I think battlefront should encourage maybe a new forum for cm that is just for anecdotes.

I mean nothing but war tales of how someone did on a scenario. I love reading the play by play of a pbem from the players points of view... IT RULES! better than watching the video's of it really.

So big time software what do you think? A new forum? or too much for you guys to do right now... Anyway in the mean time I hope everyone finds a moment to put something in this topic.

So come oneveryone let me hear what you all like best about this game... Let our voices cry out in the night so loud everyone can hear...

(inspirational music gets louder) Let the world know there is more to video games than what the others offer... WE SHALL OVERCOME!

(big hook comes on stage and pulls me off)

Anyway lemme hear it all

thanks guys

-Demangel

Well, I'll tell you my favorite thing: the ability to view the terrain from virtually any angle, at any time, from any vantage point. This is unprecedented power and control!

I'll admit, I actually liked the first two CC's, especially the second. But one thing I always wanted to do was be able to get down to the troops' eye level, so I could get a more realistic appreciation for the ground that lay before them. Well, I can do that now. And what's more, I can do it over and over and over. Didn't like the view you had when that Sherman got brewed? Back it up, see it from the other side! Wow, I know some of this may be an element of eyecandy, but who cares? It is awesome nonetheless.

I think it will be great to try some scenarios completely restricted to either views 1 or 2.

This viewing capability, combined with the best-of-both-worlds (real-time vs. turn-based) simultaneous resolution make this game utterly original and engrossing.

Since you guys are on the topic of the great ground level views here , I have to agree ,it is great stuff, but the method used of panning about with the mouse & using the on screen buttons I found archaic & frustrating,

in fact bloody annoying ,it's just too slow. Why not just have a set up where the mouse points your eyeball direction , up down all about like a first person shooter & the arrow keys zoom you in & out/forward, back & strafe left & right ,

Thats about my only gripe , oh & if we could highlight ALL our forces in boxes during the movement phase & then select the one we want, rather than use the + & - keys that would sure speed play up,

I keep losing track of guys frown.gif

Still this game blows me away , I love it !

Most enjoyable thing I've played in yonks.

My $0.02 worth smile.gif

Guest Scott Clinton

IMHO the 3-d is nice and does add a lot to the game, but it was bound to come to war games sooner or later. BUT the turn sequencing in CM is pure BTS.

The simultaneous resolution of orders does away with a LOT of old 'gamey' tactics that have been around so long that a lot of people had forgotten that these old tactics really are 'gamey'.

Thanks guys! smile.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Great point, Scott. The game resolution is excellent.

What is better to me than talking CM is playing PBEM. If you haven't tried it against a human you're missing a real treat. I had never played any wargame against a Human OPFOR. When the CM Beta version came out I decided to try...After all, the game was new to everybody! Man what great fun...Started up some fine friendships with guys who share my interest, won a few and lost a few intense, fun, and with my knack for tactics...laughable games. So If you are like I was...get that cherry popped and join the real fun!

Guest Big Time Software

Slaters dog, if you're visually "losing" units, try this:

SHIFT-C enlarges (visually) your units

SHIFT-B shows a brightly-colored base on each unit

These options make your units easier to find.

Charles