Hi, my name's Jeff, I'm a CM addict

I think CM at work, home, and sleep. I downloaded webspace.exe and about 30 CM related JPEGs just so I could set my wallpaper and screen saver to CM screenshots (thanks Madmatt smile.gif). I downloaded hypersnap so I could take screenies and get the awesome effects available on my V5 5500 (like FSAA). I'm considering spending 25$ to get the license that gets rid of the hypersnap watermark that is put on each screenie taken with the free version.

I'm the head coach of a 7-8 yr old coach pitch baseball team. I pitch to them during games and practice and I'm thinking about trajectories, both incoming and outgoing. Line drives are now 88mm shots out of a 88. Fly balls are 81mm mortar lobs. Plays at bases are now hand to hand combat. My third baseman digging holes means he's entrenching. My baserunning coaches are constantly yelling snell, los, and move, move, move. (I even heard one say "OK, Listen up maggots"). It's horrible I say, horrible.

Oh, and I'm kicking Havermeyer's ass in PBEM smile.gif (jk Havermeyer, we're only on turn 2 of a 20 turn game).

Now, gotta get back to Elsdorf. The allies need me bad.....

Hey Juardis,

The bug has bitten you too, I see eek.gif.

Well, you've come to the right place. Welcome biggrin.gif

Everybody here has the same passion as you.

CM is where its at right now and you are certainly in your element.

So you got a squad of men out there on that field taking on the enemy huh?

Now here is a man with imagination, guys! He'll do well here. We have lots of imagination here Juardis, some paranoia, and a few delusional, but all good guys rolleyes.gif

Welcome to the mayhem of CM followers!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

I love driving my Chevy Caprice down the highway and looking out over the rolling hills and thinking, "I could pound my way through that brush with my rhino, zip through the farmfield, and be in a hull down position facing that tree line in 45 seconds."

biggrin.gif

I went to southeast Ohio 4th of July and all I kept thinking about was that this was not ideal tank terrain.

My wife thinks I am nuts. She's right. rolleyes.gif

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

[This message has been edited by kb9sog (edited 07-13-2000).]

Hi Juardis,

I too am a CM addict. It has been 20 minutes since my last CM fix! hehe

I constantly catch myself thinking combat thoughts. For instance, I live in the northern foothills of Georgia. On my drive to work to Atlanta everyday, I cover 55 miles one-way. During my drive I am always looking for "the high ground" or "ambush points". It's sick, I tell you, sick!!!! smile.gif

Gary

Guest grunto

i was pulling out of a parking spot at the grocery store, and there was a parked car in the spot on my left. i went into reverse (right), and as i was starting to go forward (left), another car 'popped out' on the other side of the one parked next to me... my brain said, 'fire' and i just had to laugh.

andy

The beauty of PBEM: While on my break at work I put my feet up and visualize my current engagement(s) and next moves. So I think about games too much. It's not like I was ever going to accomplish anything in life anyway...

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

I too am an addict.

I drive my Caprice up and down HWY 52 in NC, rolling hills and villages, mountains and forests, right click commands for cars and trucks that can't seem to move correctly just using AI, spotting good places to hide an AT gun...

I am considering asking the Network Administrator to ban acces to www.battlefront.com so I won't get distracted at work.

Cold Turkey is my only hope. Got it this weekend, Scout Camp Weekend. Better bring a blanket for the "shakes" smile.gif

I cant walk through the park without thinking, hey perfect spot for a ambush, I wonder if I would have line of sight to that hill... bikers are motorized infantry, city worker trucks are tanks moving slowly over the field. Wheres my Arty! I've got 20 Germans comming on my position! (oh wait a tourist group from Korea)....that bridge has to be secured! enemy forces have taken it and holding it strong.. (oh... just a pair of lovers kissing on it)

I need sleep. smile.gif

Juardis - you might be interested to hear that Hypersnap is now available for free without the watermark. Only thing is you get some advertising while using it... Being an addict myself, I've been there already smile.gif

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrapGame:

My wife says I'm not ready to join this group because I'm still "in denial" about being an addict.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I can quit any time I want...

...really....

I'm no addict. I am not constantly playing CM.In fact I usually spend a couple hours a day browsing this board.And I work - yeah! I work-Can't play at work right? right? - I mean... can you?

------------------

Cry Havoc!and let slip the dogs of war