O/T: WW2 Toys/New Ultimate Soldier line

Hey all...

I just wanted to pass on some info I just found in the latest issue of Lee's Action Figure and Toy Review (or whatever the heck the title of that mag is). 21st Century Toys is coming out with a new line of 1/18 (yes, that's right, 1/18!) scale figures and vehicles, called something like the Extreme Detail collection.

The first grouping of the smaller vehicles and figures will include:

A late-model Panther(most likely a VG, I couldn't tell much from the pics, other than that it wasn't a VA) with panzer commander figure

A Sherman (variant unknown) with American tank commander

A Bf109 with pilot

A P-51D with pilot

A jeep of some sorts

and a kubelwagen

Also coming will be a line of small figures to use with the vehicles, including a flamethrower unit, a bazooka soldier, as well as generic Wehrmacht and American soldiers. AND --here's the kicker-- they will also be offering to-scale playsets for the vehicles/soldiers, such as a large bridge, a bombed out building, as well as at least one more.

And in that same magazine, 21st had an ad for their M5 Stuart vehicle for use with the normal 12" figure line (as well as a WW2 tank commander to put in it smile.gif ), so it must be pretty big... (1/6 scale)

I wasn't sure by breezing through the article (I was far more interested in the stunning pics of the tanks, which look superb), but these may be Toys R Us exclusives. I also am unsure of the release date, but it must be soon, judging by the tone of the article. Probably in time for Christmas... anyways, I know what I'm asking for this year now (instead of PS2, which my brother will buy and I'll borrow smile.gif )...

You might check their website ( www.21stcenturytoys.com , I think that's it) to see if there's any more info (or pics)... I haven't done that yet... but I wanted to let you know as soon as possible so you can start saving your loose change and be on the lookout.

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Actually, http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/wwii_section.html will put you right on the money. It's a Flash site, and pretty cool browsing of the little dudes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, no, those are the regular 12" (1/6 scale) figures... I'm talking 5" or 6" figures, prepainted (no fabric uniforms)... this line is going to be something entirely different from the 12" series that's been out for a year or more and is not yet available anywhere... these new figures look more like if McFarlane did WW2 (to quote the 21st century rep in the article). The men will be scaled with the tanks and other assorted vehicles (which, as i said, will be 1/18). That's almost as big as the Tamiya King Tiger RC tank, and that's pretty big. There is no information on these new figures on 21st's site as yet, but if you hit the newsstand at B&N or Borders, check out the Action Figure and Toy Review... the new little guys are on the cover and there are several pics of the figures and vehicles inside. There are supposed to be three series of these smaller figures coming... WW2 first, then modern, then Vietnam era. Then, according to the article, new figs and vehicles will come out every year in each series. It should be a lot of fun to collect...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

I saw these little guys at Toys-R-Us today and I must admit they look pretty cool and authentic. They had an 82nd pathfinder, a 101st paratrooper, a US tank commander and an Eastern front German soldier. If I were 30 years younger I would buy them. I wonder if I could say it was for my son.....yea that might work.

Allan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allan:

I saw these little guys at Toys-R-Us today and I must admit they look pretty cool and authentic. They had an 82nd pathfinder, a 101st paratrooper, a US tank commander and an Eastern front German soldier.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhhh! --ripping out hair-- Ok, I know the 12" figs are great, but these new ones are nothing like those... at all!! They're very small... 5 or 6 inches... they're not out yet... they come with big vehicles... they're not the same... ahhhhhh...

smile.gif ok, im calm now

------------------

I picked up a couple 1/6 Ultimate Solider figures at Toys R Us for half price!

$30 for two figures is a good price and, although I don't have much money, I've been wanting to buy these guys for awhile now. Can't wait to see the new 1/18 scale figures!

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

Can't wait to see the new 1/18 scale figures!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes!! Yes!! someone understands!! biggrin.gif

and good deal picking up the 1/6 guys... i wish i wasnt in the middle of nowhere or id be getting them too... wink.gif

------------------

I've putting my 21st 12" WW2 collection together and it is coming along quite well. I have 12 in all (3 are SWAT).

I am really intersted in these newer 5-6 figures too! Thanks for the info!

Question: How are you all finding these 1/2 sale on the 12" figues?

-AND-

Can you post a link to info on the new line?

Thanks

TeAcH

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TeAcH:

Ahh...I found some of the pics including the 1/6 Stuart

http://www.primenet.com/~btn/21stconpix/

TeAcH<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the Stuart looks sweet... it must be coming fairly soon, since there was an actual ad for it in the magazine that featured the new line... I don't know of any links to info on the new stuff. All I can tell you for now is to head to a good local bookstore and look for Action Figure and Toy Review... the new issue has the new stuff on the cover and lots of pics inside.

------------------

Have any of you guys seen Dragon's offerings in historical action figures....they're the best http://www.dragon-models.com/html/nigel.html

'Nigel' is an SAS trooper, but they do WWII figures, including Waffen SS, mounted soldiers...you name it, the range is expanding.

------------------

And lo, I shall walk in the valley of death, but I shall fear no evil, for I am the meanest sonofabitch in the whole Goddamn valley.