Since first seeing this forum 3 months ago, a part of my daily routine has involved logging on and getting the latest news. After the release of CM will the fourm be kept open (ie. not follow Origin's example) ???? If so will members continue to post & use this as the main site re everything to do with CM ???

Would be a shame to lose this forum. Would also be nice to keep the momentum going to CM2..CM3...CM4...??? I just think that out of all the forums that have been created, this is something special. OK - sometimes it goes haywire - but generally it's a plus rather than a minus.

Will it be kept open ? For how long ? Will we still post ????

Nope, you caught us. This forum gets the axe the very instant CM leaves the duplicator company in the padded envelopes. Not only that, Steve and Charles will close their doors, fold their tents, and pull a quick-fade to somewhere in Arizona. They will resurface, under assumed names, confident in their knowledge that they'll be long gone by the time we realize that CM is, in fact, based entirely on the iPanzer44 game engine.

wink.gif

DjB

I image that the forum will become very active initially and then settle into a nice continuous level of communication.

Boards are a great place for a community based around something to stick together and talk shop.

There'll be discussions, scenerio swapping, PBEM, bug reports (not to many of these I hope) and of course news - of patches, of CM2 and various web site updates.

I'd be surprised that BTS would close it down - especially when it's part of the web site that you order their product from. But of course the gents at BTS have the final word....Steve?

Reg's

Fen

Would be a shame to lose this forum. Would also be nice to keep the momentum going to CM2..CM3...CM4...??? I just think that out of all the forums that have been created, this is something special. OK - sometimes it goes haywire - but generally it's a plus rather than a minus.

Will it be kept open ? For how long ? Will we still post ????

----------------------

I won't be posting...I'll be playing. maybe when I come up for air I'll post. hehehe lucky you guys eh?

As said previously, I can't see why this forum would/should disappear. I mean, look at the following civ/civII, etc etc has on Apolyton. I could see combining this and the CMHQ into one site (although I'm unfamiliar with the organization behind HQ, so that might be a no-go for legal reasons, etc).

------------------

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.

There will always be a CM forum. Sure, it may change form and location, but, there will always be one. I have never seen a game with a forum this packed and constantly monitored not only by regulars but by an influx of new posters. It will slow down a heck of a lot right once the game is released, as, everyone will be too busy playing to post :) But, it will pick back up when people are ready to create scenarios, and when the CMMC thing gets going, there will be regular posts by the press (hopefully).

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I'd say subsequent forums would appropiately be called Combat Mission 2, 3, and so forth.

Granted the "BTS' Tactical Air Combat Games" Forum is consolidated into one, but hey, they've only got 118 posts on the whole damn thing. biggrin.gif

With this Forum at already 43K posts and the game isn't even out yet, I could see Steve creating a "Archived CM Forum" of all these posts just like Activision did with the Star Trek Armada Forums. Then Steve start a new one entitled "Gold Combat Mission" or something like that.

Again, just using my sense of logic and practicality.

------------------

"And that's all I have to say about that!"

"'Cause Stone Cold said so!"

Gee, I can already imagine the amount of posts that will go like "Yiipee, I got the game today and it is GREAT!!!! biggrin.gif" "I love this game" "Has anybody tried this scenario yet?", etc.

The amount of excitement on this forum for the first few weeks after the release of the game is going to be huge I suspect, almost too big to handle properly. Like the entire community will discover the game together, "hand in hand".

Then it will more or less be silent again, until we hear the first news from CM2...

The amount of excitement generated by the release of the beta demo almost makes me fear what is going to happen, when all these starving folks get their hands on the finished product...