Landscape looks like a golf course

My girlfriend thinks my favorite game, Combat Mission, looks like a golf course!

And now i'm seeing it too: it's those trees, there is to much detail in them. They're supposed to provide just a backdrop but you can almost count the leaves.

I wouldn't mind if they were just one species, may be transparent(?), in different sizes and shapes, more generic.

Just trying to help improve an almost perfect game.

-t

well... lets play a round of golf... wink.gif

caddy, my panther HE Iron please ...

BOOOOOOM

there you go, first hit, right into that hole biggrin.gif

------------------

-- TargetDrone

who doesn't want to draw attention...

especially from guys with big guns ...

[This message has been edited by TargetDrone (edited 06-06-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

Complaining about the detail? LOL. Well, I haven't noticed the golf course...maybe that explains why I keep smashing through the German lines...all their officers are out playing golf!

-Andrew

Ugghh,

If anything they need more species. Shrubs, Poplars, Oaks, other native European species.

But hardware limitations cut down on the number of species and density.

If it really bothers you, Shift T will reduce the number of trees you see, thereby reducing the number of species.

Guest Madmatt

Yes, MDMP-1 (don't ask if you can't figure it out) increases the types of trees as they replace some of the more plain ones with more variety...Especially the Pine Trees! wink.gif You'll see soon enough though!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-06-2000).]

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, I think thats the first time Ive seen a request to have the graphics made a lower res Titus smile.gif

Actually, I think what your girlfriend may have noticed more if the fact that the grass is so neat, without blemishes. Not the problem with adding them is that on a flat map the blemished tiles horribly. It is something we are playing with though, so keep your fingures crossed and Ill see what we can do there wink.gif