"Kelly's Heroes" scenario(s)??

Anybody planning on doing any Kelly's Hereos-based scenarios. This film is being played on TNT today, Memorial Day, and actually, it ain't that bad of a film. All you'd have to do is to just up-scale the OOB from individual men to squads.

That sounds like a f**king execelent idea, it has to be made. I recon the taking of the town would be a good idea although it would be hard to move the Americns into such good positions without being spotted so you might have to give them a few extra men to compensate for this.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owen:

That sounds like a f**king execelent idea, it has to be made. I recon the taking of the town would be a good idea although it would be hard to move the Americns into such good positions without being spotted so you might have to give them a few extra men to compensate for this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the taking of the town is actually what I had in mind. Also the Sherman attack on that "mine" looking facility. Although I don't know how we would simulate the loud music they played. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

The road ambush as just as they crossed the minefiled would be cool too. I don't know, even though they wouldn't make very balanced scenarios they would be fun to play out. Make them only say 5 turn limits.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 05-29-2000).]

Would it be possible to throw in a morale check (or a curiosity check?) if a command group tries to face down a Tiger with with pistols and a a guy that should be wearing a serape?

Might have to wait for CM2 for partly collapsing buildings to show the doors gettng shot out of the bank without collapsing it on all those gold bars!

Im going to recreate the last battle in Saving Private Ryan. Bridge as the VL. Ive got a good fix on the order of battle, but Im gonna have to watch it a few times to get the terrain correct. Think you can stop the hoard with an understregthed airborne company?

Echo, are you gonna simulate the little song on the record player before the Germans show up? (j/k!)

------------------

"While stands the Collosseum, Rome shall stand.

When falls the Collosseum, Rome shall fall.

And when Rome falls -- the World."

**Byron**

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

are you gonna simulate the little song on the record player before the Germans show up? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know... a replacement wav for the birdie tweeting could be easily tricked up... A couple batch files to switch back and forth between standard install and the SPR song (hate to hear her before evey bettle!) and you'd be in business...

This thread brings up a question I have had for a while and keep forgetting to ask....Will there be railroad tracks or railway lines etc in CM?

------------------

"If they are waiting for me to make the first move then I'll trick them and make my second move first."

I just answered my own question on railroad tracks. Did a quick search and one thread came up with Fionn saying that YES tracks are in and YES you can drive on them! smile.gif

YAY!

------------------

"If they are waiting for me to make the first move then I'll trick them and make my second move first."

I'm going to create a Hollywood-based scenario. All the Germans will have 88's and all the Tanks will be Tigers.

Of course, you will also have to tweak down the German accuracy so that they can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside. Or, more precisely, not any side of the barn.

- Tommi

SEARCH ... must remember to SEARCH before posting ... NOTE TO SELF ... remember to SEARCH before posting.

If I had done that I would have seen Fionn's response about Armored Trains in CM2 ... {sigh}.

SEARCH ... must remember to ...

Joe

------------------

"I don't want them brave, I want them dead!"

Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Anybody planning on doing any Kelly's Hereos-based scenarios. This film is being played on TNT today, Memorial Day, and actually, it ain't that bad of a film. All you'd have to do is to just up-scale the OOB from individual men to squads.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An anti war movie as a battle scenario?

I must have missed something..

Only in Hollywood are the Germans, Japanese, Koreans, and Vietnamese lousy shots.

Take a look at the records in the REAL world. Even if something like that got started they would have been anhilated before they got very far at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlie63:

An anti war movie as a battle scenario?

I must have missed something..

Only in Hollywood are the Germans, Japanese, Koreans, and Vietnamese lousy shots.

Take a look at the records in the REAL world. Even if something like that got started they would have been anhilated before they got very far at all.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was a parody.

What am I saying, its a satire not a parody.

------------------

One of these days MattBot, people like me will rise up and overthrow you, and the end of tyranny by the homeostatic machine will have arrived.

[This message has been edited by Bastables (edited 06-01-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Actually Wild Bill had already done up an excellant sceanrio intitled Ramelle which is a re-creation of the end scene from SPR. I am not sure if its on the CD or not (I think not) but it will be made available once the game ships.

Search the POTD Archives on CMHQ as I KNOW I have shown the traintracks! They are quite cool but perhaps I can slip some in to tonight's POTD...

Oh, and who thought that Kelly's Heroes was anti-war? After about 10,000 viewings I never EVER got that sentiment. I have long held the opinion that KH is in fact the MOST FUN War Movie ever made! Is it accurate? Not Really! Are the weapons/uniforms/vehicles/tactics properly deployed and used? No, not as such.(Hey Clint, you wanna stand up on the stone wall a little LONGER next time in a firefight??? tongue.gif)

Is It Fun to watch OVER AND OVER? HELL YEA!!!

Oh and Bastables? MadBot has plans for you...Or at least your skull, it will make a nice planter for some tropical plants he is cultivating....

Madmatt

MASTER of the MadBot

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-01-2000).]

Music? Get yourself a K-Tel pop album, circa 1970 and turn the volume up at least past seven...

As for the town scenario, I was going to start mine at the point immediately AFTER the sleeping company got demo'd. Since CM doesn't simulate soldiers asleep or not alert, it's the only way to pull it off.

NOTE: Foolishly tried to post during the downtime and now my old ID don't work no more....

------------------

When I die I want to go peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car