Buying CM from Australia.....

As the topic suggests, I am trying to purchase Combat Mission from the distant land of Australia.

I know that it can be ordered online with Mastercard/Visa BUT, the problem is that no-one in my family has either of those cards!

As for cheques, you lot will only accept american ones.

Is there ANY way to buy this game another way 'coz I REALLY don't want to have to go browsing naughty warez sites to steal it - I read your manifesto and understand why you didn't publish the game like "normal" software developers.

Anyways, any input here would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure that if you go to your bank, they will let you draw on your account and make the cheque in US dollars.

When I bought a rare book from a dealer in England, I went to Citibank here in the us and (for a fee) they drew money out of my account, converted it into English Pounds, and made a cheque out to the book dealer, I mailed the cheque and that was that.

It took about 5 minutes.

Well that's certainly a thought - there is the other problem of the exchange rate too...

CM costs US$45 + $15 P+H I believe so how much exactly would that be in A$?

Or should I just mail more than I need to and recieve a cheque on return for whatever the change should be?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bozza:

CM costs US$45 + $15 P+H I believe so how much exactly would that be in A$?

Or should I just mail more than I need to and recieve a cheque on return for whatever the change should be?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you tell the bank how much the total is, they will do the conversion for you. See, you are buying the American dollars with your Australian dollars. You go in to the bank and it will go like this

Bozza: Hello bank! I need a cheque made out to Big Time Software in the amount of $60.00 US dollars.

Bank: Bugger off you silly sod.

Bozza. No, really. Its for a wargame that will change my life and bring order to the universe

Bank: Oh, alright then. At today's exchange rate of 1.3 Australian dollars, that's 78 Australian, plus a service fee of 10 for a grand total of 88 Australian. Sign here.

Bozza: That is cheap at the price for such a grand game. Thank you.

Bank: Here you are. Thankyou for banking at Dickhead Bank.

[This message has been edited by Terence (edited 12-14-2000).]

LOL Terence - thanks for the humourous write-up there.

Actually I think I will email the sales dudes to make sure there will be no difficulties in ordering the game this way (wouldn't want my hard earned cash to go walkies now would I?) wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bozza:

LOL

Actually I think I will email the sales dudes to make sure there will be no difficulties in ordering the game this way<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always an excellent idea, checking in with the folks what run the store.

And in the case of BTS, a finer crew never walked the earth.

You'll get your game if you order it, and because you did it without using a warez site, you'll be more confident of getting more, better games in the future too.

Bozza,

Got any friends with those cards?

Buy 'em a beer, then ask them kindly if they'd help with a transaction, with you covering the cost!

Buy 'em enough beers, and they may do it for free! wink.gif

Mace

PS Good to see yet another Aussie here, welcome aboard!

Guest KwazyDog

Hi Bozza,

Bozza, I think the best way is to send an email to the address Maximus suggested above and we will find the quickest way to help you out. smile.gif

Dan

PS : My last car was a 308 Monaro coupe, hehe.

Guest AussieJeff

Hi Bozza,

I just recently received my copy of CM in Perth - I went to the local Post Office and got a US bank cheque for $60 and posted it straight off.

6 weeks later ........ wallah!!! smile.gif

No probs whatsoever - apart from the wait that is!!

Cheers,

AussieJeff

Wahey - Aussies all round and Monaro lovers too! What more could a bloke ask for? (mebbe a stripper and a coupla kegs but we'll have to be content with this eh)

I'm looking at getting a HK/HG/HT body style with a V8 (253/307/308) to start with. Probably be spending $3500 - 5000 on the car itself upfront.

Overall project I expect to take 2 years and $15,000 in which I'll be chucking in:

Supercharged Chev 400, Turbo 400 adapted for manual shift, Ford 9 inch diff, Dark metallic purple paint job (got a bro in the business there), and various other goodies, sound system, interior etc...

I sent off an email to the sales guys last night and still waiting for a reply.

Big hint for the project Bozza, do as much of the work yourself if you can.

I taught myself to rebuild engines, do the paintwork and all disassembly/assembly myself (like polishing all parts before they went to the platers) and kept the HJ below $18000. I've since won several trophies at the State titles, before retiring the car from competitions.

Now its up on blocks in my fully carpeted shed under sheets, while I concentrate on other things in life like CM!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pford:

Thursday, December 14, 2000

60 US Dollar = 111.188 Australian Dollar

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are the "lucky country" are we not!!

It has improved in the last week so we may get a better rate in near future if you are willing to wait.

Guest Big Time Software

Hello Bozza,

As others have suggested, the best way is to get a mate to place the order, then buy him a beer along with repayment of the debt smile.gif

The total price for an Aussie is $45 + $10 = $55 USD.

You can get an International Money Order from any major bank in Oz. They charge you a nice fee for this service, but we get a cheque that can be deposited here. Otherwise, a cheque sent to us costs us more to cash than the face value. Yes, we found this out the hard way frown.gif

The details for placing an order by mail can be found at:

www.battlefront.com/products/pro_ordering.html

Thanks!

Steve

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-04-2001).]

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Hi Guys,

I will be in Mandurah W.A next week for Xmas - you aussies are still playing around with yankee hybrid vehicles eh? i work for a european car company out here as Regional Service manager. The Chinese will not let those gas guzzlers in here, bicycles are more environmentally friendly smile.gif

BTW why don't you guys head over to the RD Ladder site and set up a team for the Aussies? No one has done it yet. You only need 6 players for a team. Rumour had it that the aussies could not manage to organise a team!

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Guest KwazyDog

Stuka, I had an HQ GTS. I bought her back in about 94 for around $7500. I had a lot of fun cruising around in that old girl, hehe.

I unfortuantely had to sell her last year though. I bought a Japanese import, hehe, which was a bit of a change. smile.gif