PROBLEM with TREES....................they move.....

I start a game.....save it at a point that I am satisfied with E.g. That i am in positions of cover and able to DEFEND easily.

BUT when I load up the game again...the PC has placed the trees in different positions....

So I had men in cover under a tree and now I dont.... Every time I reload it the trees are in a new POSITION.....

Is this a glitch/problem or is it part of the game we have to accept...

YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE....

Guest KwazyDog

Jochen, actually this isnt a bug.

Trees arent represented seperately but as a terrain type by the CM engine. Thus when CM see a light wood terrain tile it bases its calculations on that fact, not where where the individual trees are placed...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magnus:

LOL, trees are only approximations... A tree does not represent a single tree but a bunch of them, so it doesn't matter where the hell your favorite tree appears biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merci Olivier, j'ai du mal à fournir aujourd'hui.

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

come to think of it when I placed my rifle squads in trees and this bug of disapering troops happen to me.. are you sure they are not Carniverous Trees.. and ate my troops.. ooh (que X-files music) or possible that the mole men do exist and abducted my rifle squad right under thier feet?? (again que X-files music) damn I thought something was fishy there… fish! hey come to think of it most of the time it happened they were near a body of water, any one see those ripples in the water and that mysterious humps that nobody can get a real sharp photo of...(music please) Thats it I'm calling DC and asking Mulder what the hell is going on.

mensch enskind, something similarly strange is haoppening to me al the time. moving trees etc aside, I have had tanks explode and blow up in flames!

is this a bug?

I have noticed it happens quite often when there are enemy troops nearby. It's prety annoying when my tanks blow up into flames like that.

to quote CPT S.:

"Please fix!!! or do somefink"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dittohead:

You only get beavers if you download the Eager Beaver Mod from MadMatts site. biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now if I tell you that one comes from "Bill the Galactic Hero" (aka "Bill the Fuse Tender 7th class"), how many cool points for that?

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

I have heard of that Beaver attack on the 12thSS on June 6th it took them totaly by suprize although that strange phenomenom of exploding tanks was never explained and quite hushed up by the Canadian Gov't. smile.gif

no but serriously I heard that the reason is ++ censored by the authority of the Goverment of Canada ++ and thats why! now you know!

Gentlerodents, as a fairly frequent poster to the Mother of all Threads, aka the Peng thread, may I say that I'm proud of the effort. I don't subscribe, of course, to the derogation of Hamsters ... there are some things that SHOULD be sacrosanct, but a good effort indeed.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

…the Mother of all Threads, aka the Peng thread…

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I keep telling every one the Biggest Thread is the one that my grandmother has from her thread collection its a blue colour and rolled up in a ball the height of a King Tiger... now thats a thread. biggrin.gif

Guest Germanboy

While the Beaver may be a proud and noble animal (although some people would dispute even that), it is about as good as a weapon of war as a Ram. Tis a fish, anyway. They used quite a lot of Beavers trying to stop buffaloes from crossing the Rhine, but to no avail...

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

While the Beaver may be a proud and noble animal (although some people would dispute even that), it is about as good as a weapon of war as a Ram. Tis a fish, anyway. They used quite a lot of Beavers trying to stop buffaloes from crossing the Rhine, but to no avail...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they used the assult Moose M-43? at the Sigfried Line? or did they eventually use those Engineer Beaver Brigade at Köln?

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 08-31-2000).]

Pfft, the beavers were a PR device put together by the USO. Everyone knows that. Send some beavers over, take some pictures of them looking good, paste 'em on the front page of Life and everybody's just so freakin' happy. Meanwhile, the voles in the ditches got no pictures, no women, no sneaker deals, nothin'! Makes me mad.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Meanwhile, the voles in the ditches got no pictures, no women, no sneaker deals, nothin'! Makes me mad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The Voles! Always with you it's the stupid voles. Give it a rest, the reason there were no pictures, women or sneaker deals is because no one cares!

Joe

I saw a VHS tape with a title something like "Eager Beavers IV: Wicked Schoolgirl Fantasies", is that what you guys are refering to???

As to the trees, it is quite simple:

"There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the maples want more sunlight

And the oaks ignore their pleas"

-Rush (NOT Limbaugh!)