Direct X 8.0

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEF BUNGIS:

Ouch!

I wonder how Flipper got his problem fixed.

This is some typical **** from microsoft.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean releasing Beta sofware to a select list who have all been warned that it's BETA software and then someone lets it loose into the wild and it's Microsoft's fault that someone used it?

HA!

What more do you need. Microsoft... Beta? Are you kidding? Installing on a production or Gaming machine? Please, the insanity!

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 10-05-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Both I and Rune are running the latest RC0 version of Directx8 (released just the other day) and have never had any issues which were attributal to it or any version of DX8.

Madmatt

I have been testing since the alpha of DirectX 8.0, and not one problem due to the DirectX. Matt is very correct on that...

Rune

One other thing to be careful of...

If you play any other games (and why are you ?), they may have compatibility problems with DirectX 8.0. Occasionally a call here or there doesn't work the way a developer expects with a new DirectX release and this could cause problems, especially with older games. Generally speaking if the game works works with no problems under 7.0a, then it most likely will work under the 8.0 beta, but becareful nevertheless.

I tried the build 146 version and it flopped. I lost my joystick screen and my advanced options for my Geforce2. So, I would wait if I were you guys until the bugs get worked out. Yeah, it works for some, but not for me just yet............

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

I'm wondering if there are any advantages at all for switching over now. Is the 8.0 being developed for optimization with WIN 2000?

I guess for right now I have to agree with

ECHO. I'm sticking with 7.0a til I here some feedback on how much better 8.0 is.

• 2 months later...

I'm using DX 8.0 on a C433, Win 98SE, and I haven't had any DX related problems whatsoever. It doesn't add any new features over DX 7 for the moment, since games optimized for DX 8 haven't been released yet, but it hasn't added any new problems for me.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.