• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Pilsner Urquell<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmmmm, Pilsner Urquell, haven't had one of those in a while.

Guinness. Tall, cool and creamy.

(every once in a while I get a hankering for a Red Stripe ... brings back memories of Jamaica, mon.)

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

Well, I'm only 16, thus I prefer a Pepsi.

I always thought people who drink alone are either anti-social or alcoholics. Sitting home alone in front of the PC drinking beer seems a bit odd. Oh well, to each their own.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rudee:

I always thought people who drink alone are either anti-social or alcoholics. Sitting home alone in front of the PC drinking beer seems a bit odd. Oh well, to each their own.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct on both accounts. wink.gif

Guest Pillar

I'm one of those girly men that like coolers smile.gif

Cranberry Vodka

or Apple

ahhhh... ohhh yes.. (See I drink for taste)

Pepsi is good too. Dr Pepper!!!! smile.gif

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rudee:

I always thought people who drink alone are either anti-social or alcoholics. Sitting home alone in front of the PC drinking beer seems a bit odd. Oh well, to each their own.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe - you are assuming we have a choice, and that somebody actually wants to go out and have a drink with us.

And I prefer a nice, warm, chocolaty Tadcaster Oatmeal Stout, or maybe a flat bottle-fermented Ale. On hot summer nights Pilsner Urquell, ice-cold.

Or Whisky, or a stout followed by a whisky.

------------------

Andreas

I am nder-age so I usually sit down at my desk with a HUGE(no kidding) cup of icy Pepsi-One. Then I finish it off with twinkies or nachoes or something(mmmm...nachoes).

But, I have had some exposure to alcahol and i like Heinakin beer, Finlanda Vodka(smirnoff and Absolut are ok), and Jack Danials......oh and I almost forgot, Margaritas are cool too. And no no no, i am not an under age drinker I was just able to have a few on special occasions like my sister's wedding...

------------------

I drink my homebrew: IPA in the afternoon, porter at night. Sometimes instead of porter I'll have a 120/- wee heavy, also homebrewed.

That's my usual. But beer isn't all I drink with CM. If I call in a particularly good fire mission, I mark the occasion with a glass of port, the standard drink of gunners. And sometimes an entire battle is worth 4 fingers of Jack Daniels for some memento mori.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

These summer days, I've been hitting the Sam Adams Summer Ale and the Pete's Wicked Summer pretty hard. They're both essentially wheats with some lemon and spice added. My wife hit a fresh batch of Sam's from drinks.com, and we have been racing each other for the bottles.

Scotch Ales, too. I prefer Riverside Brewing Company's version, but I think they quit distributing it outside the area. I have some MacTarnahan's Scottish Amber from Portland Brewing Co., and it is pretty good.

Has anyone in the US had the revised Lowenbrau yet? The license finally changed hands (from Miller to Molson? I know it was from a big US brewer to a big Canadian brewer) and they are returning to the original formula instead of the watered-down goat urine that Miller came up with.

Guest Bad Ju Ju

Well, beerwise, Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer cannot be beat on hot Missouri summer eves. Then Scotch smile.gif...(My gaming habit requires that I forgo unblendeds and drink rot gut like Old Smuggler's or Peter Dawson).Hum, a few whiskeys and somehow the computer AI gets MUCH better.

Well, you all go ahead and drink your ales or whatever, and when we square off in a PBEM or TCP/IP game, I'll kick your drunk asses. biggrin.giftongue.gif

For me, a Diet Coke is good enough for a cheap buzz.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus