shameless, self-serving O/T, but maybe interesting

...for some.

I do miniature gaming andI have a fair number of 15mm WWII figures painted up. I just added some pictures showing how I did some of the StuGs to my page.

Try the below link (continue on through the "Projects in Progress" link)

http://www.provide.net/~dalem/hobbies-pics.html

if WWII minis are your cup of tea. Beware of many broken links if you stumble around the rest of the site - I am fixing a lot of stuff.

O/T mode off.

-dale

Guest Madmatt

Ahhh! Impressive! But your teasing me with all those broken links!

Those Hetzers are very impressive. Man, now I want to break out all my Micro and start painting again!

Well done!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

thanks! I plan on completing all the links and generally fixing the site - I'll email ya when I do, Matt. smile.gif

And Waxx_IK, if you're serious, there are lots of places to get them, and lots of different scales to choose from. I'm in the U.S. and relatively new to the hobby, so have only dealt with Old Glory and Quality Castings. I can send you/post links if you'd like.

-dale

Hi

I play Miniatures too smile.gif

Spearhead for 6mm stuff

and various sets for 15mm

Here are couple pics (poor quality) of some of my stuff

PZ2ND~1.JPG

15MM.JPG

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

[This message has been edited by Sgt Steiner (edited 10-04-2000).]

Here is another pic of some of my 15mm Panzers

SCAN2.JPG

and a little Tabletop Gamers cartoon (from an old Battle mag way back in 1970's)

SCAN22.JPG

Cheers

Muahaha 15mm is for folks who can't paint tiny! biggrin.gif (1/285th scale, try getting decent detail on 6mm) Hell, I can't stop painting, I've got at least 600 minis that still need to be done, Not counting the 200 I'm being paid to paint biggrin.gif (more than one way to make a living from your hobby) cool.gif

Seriously, those look great guys really love the brush, hard to make lichen look real on 6mm's

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

Man, Looks great guys.

I haven't worked with any lead in a long time.

Waxx, Yep you use the models in table top gaming. Which is what CM feels like to me. So just imagine playing a CM game but on a table pushing the lead pieces around. Tis a lot of fun.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Alright! Alright! Alright! I love looking at finely painted wargaming miniatures. Picture all that unpainted lead on your washing machine in 6 or 7 24 x 12 tupperware boxes plus the 15 6 foot by 1 foot shelves crammed with painted models and you have my war room. My WW2 stuff is in 20mm- I have 300 plus German, UK, US, Japanese and Russian AFVS and hundreds of guns and Infantry-Spearhead are the best rules out there for Division level ww2 gaming. Don't even get me started on My US Civil War, American Revolution, 7 Years War and good old Napoleonics collections.

I love CM but every now & then you gotta throw some dice and battle it out on the tabletop!!

Wayne-

As a matter of fact, I do regular ASL (my own conversions where necessary) on the tabletop for squad-level stuff- works out nicely.

For larger scale (divisional) I use heavily-modified Spearhead rules.

Sgt. Steiner - great stuff! I have some pics of an actual game I need to post as well.

and pzvg- yeah, I just bought a couple of cases of GHQ stuff for when I need a break from serious painting. smile.gif It's hard to airbrush the German camouflage patterns on the tiny stuff, but I manage. smile.gif

And I agree that if you like CM, you will like tabletop gaming, and vice-versa.

-dale

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>how is gameplay handled? you know, movement, arty fire, targerting?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waxx-

Wow - where to start? If you've played any board/hex wargames, it's much the same mechanics-wise, with the benefit of 3d terrain (sometimes even to scale!) and cool-looking vehicles and infantry. There are as many rulesets as there are gamers, and they range in complexity from "We might be able to calculate how long it takes for the loader's hatch to close in a 7.5 mph wind if we work at it for six consecutive nights" to "hey! I rolled a '6' - I win in North Africa this season!" One extreme is pointlessly complex and unplayable and the other is extremely playable but pointless. (And charts & tables. You gotta have charts & tables.)

And there's a lot of good ground in between.

Find a local miniature gaming club in your area and ask if you can drop by for a look. Your local hobby store would probably be able to steer you in the right direction if you're interested.

Most of all - enjoy!

-dale

Somewhat related to this topic. I heard of a guy in my local hobbie shop that ordered something like 100 1/35 plastic model tanks because he plays wargames in his backyard with them. Anyone ever done this? That would be the way to play wargames.

I know rich guys in the 18th century would play naval wargames using wooden model ships in ponds.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Man, now I want to break out all my Micro and start painting again!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great!

I'll break out my GHQ stuff as well....Madmatt, send me a miniatures setup! wink.gif

Mace