Skorzeny

Guest Germanboy

Guest Germanboy

Is indeed a fraud. I have received the following email from Dr. Marino, the author of the SPR article on H-Net.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally sent by Dr. Mike Marino:

Dear Professor Biermann,

That is in fact my article, although I am not the person who is on your

newsgroup. As such, whoever posted it has essentially copied it word for

word from the H-net website. You might alert your newgroup to this fact.

That you for bringing this to my attention and let me know if there is

anything else I can do.

Mike Marino

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is wrong about me being a professor though. I wish.

Just remembered the expression for my feelings: 'Es ist mir ein innerer Reichsparteitag.' Sorry, can not be translated. I hate plagiarists.

Enough said.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 08-15-2000).]

Professor Biermann has such a nice ring to it, nicht wahr? Besides, it sounds so, um, er, professorial.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 08-15-2000).]

Good work, Andreas. BTW, I saw on your original post that you signed your name "Biermann". Does this really mean BEERMAN in germ-speak? If so, you have a waaay coool name. An unfair advantage, I say. Change your name to Sgt. Schultz to even the odds.

Cheers

------------------

You have the right to remain silent.

Anything you say can be used against you....

You'll notice we have not heard from him since, he probably has a new alias and/or is off spouting the same drivel in some other forum or newsgroup or BBS where he is getting a different or more favourable reaction.

I highly doubt he will show up here under the same name again, less being caught in a clear, and now proven, instance of plagarism does not bother this individual.

-tom w

Guest Michael emrys

I am in the odd position of having witnessed the first act of this drama and now the denoument, but missing the entire second act. Could someone point me toward the article that was infamously plagiarised?

Michael

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

I still couldn't believe that original post... the guy was not thinking to copy the whole work then ask for feedback? Good grief...I bet he is still sulking around here right now. Oh well I am gonna go fire up my demo for the 1000th time... da*n mail hurry up with my full version!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ghost Dog:

Every hamster has its day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In ol´ Skorzyhamsters case it was more like 38 mins. If that.

Ausgezeichnet, Professor Biermann!

Well done indeed, Andreas.

Johan

I am no fool.

In fact, I fought in every campaign during the Second World War. On every side. To this end, I fluently speak 38 different languages, and my brain is a veritable technical encyclopaedia of military equipment.

Playing Combat Mission yesterday, I was shocked to discover a glaring error in the modelling of the Cromwell Mk.IV. To be specific, the mug holder has been misaligned by nearly 3.8mm.

This is utterly ridiculous - the first thing that any tank crew member in the British army learned during this timeframe, was the positioning of the Mk.3a-28s Holder, Mug, Tea. Big Time Software are obviously a motley crew of fly-by-night wannabe amateurs. If they'd spent as long as I have fighting the Japanese in Borneo, they'd have learned some respect for the revered Mk.3a-28s.

If this kind of slip-shod rubbish is not corrected in v1.04, I intend to use my significant weight with the world's major governments to put BTS out of business for good. Don't trifle with me - you can only dream about being as intelligent and powerful as I am. Just do as I say, and pray I show you mercy.

Sincerely,

Field Marshall Sir Davro Ackermann, OBE, BSc, CEng, AAA, FBI, VDU, BBC.

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

The collective has spoken!

We have most clearly and definitively (and well, collectively), turned our back's on this ill mannered and lowly OUTCAST!

Do not triffle with the collective on matters of integrity or, more importantly, military history and specifically WW II!

Be gone Mr Skorzeny.

-tom w

(We must now review our assimilation processes and procedures to prevent any future breaches of etiquete.)

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 08-16-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

A good motto for this forum might be the good old 'Nemo me impune lacessit', which I think means 'You do not provoke me with impunity' or something (not good at Latin). Anyone knows whose it is originally? I forgot, somewhere English, I am sure.

In my reply to Dr. Marino I suggested that he should take it up with the relevant authorities at Laval, I am sure they would be happy to hear about it.

------------------

Andreas

Andreas,

My latin phrase desk reference (Amo, Amas, Amat and More: Use Latin to your own advantage and to the astonishment of others - Eugene Ehrlich) states:

"nemo me impune lacessit" - No-one provokes me with impunity, Motto of Scottish Kings

Well, you live and learn! =)

Cheers,

Chris

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChrisPick:

Well, you live and learn! =)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Chris, I do indeed. Now if only I could remember where I read it. Oh well never mind. A fitting motto it would be though.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

In my reply to Dr. Marino I suggested that he should take it up with the relevant authorities at Laval, I am sure they would be happy to hear about it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have serious doubts about whether this asshole actually studied at Laval -at least I hope not redface.gif.BTW, there is no Professor Lukik or Lucik at Laval University. rolleyes.gif

Henri

[This message has been edited by Henri (edited 08-16-2000).]

The motto of my home town is "IN VERITATE VICTORIA" which translates as "Victory Lies in the Truth". i have always liked that one

------------------

"If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no plane at all it's the Luftwaffe." -German soldier, Western Front, 1944

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

I have serious doubts about whether this asshole actually studied at Laval -at least I hope not redface.gif.BTW, there is no Professor Lukik or Lucik at Laval University. rolleyes.gif

Henri

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have those doubts too, Henri, but the professor exists. He is in the History department, methinks and teaches on Soviet history pre- and postwar. I found him there the night I wrote the email. At least the name bears striking resemblance. If I had not found him, I would not have written the email to Dr. Marino.

------------------

Andreas

Wow, real life tactics! As I was reading the above, I had two thoughts. First, anyone with Admin privileges on this UBB forum can easily check who is lurking. I'm wondering if this prick is still around? Second, you guys may know of other WW2-related forums and it would be cool to find Skorzeny in them and set up an infiltration to expose him.

Herewith my public congratulations for a job well done. I'd send you private congratulations, but they would be surrounded by scorn and defiance; slight regard, contempt, and anything that may not misbecome the mighty sender, not to mention the widows' tears, the orphans' cries, the dead mens' blood, the pining maidens' groans for husbands, fathers and betrothed lovers; as well as lots of chinchilla parts.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Hakko Ichiu wrote:

> the pining maidens' groans for husbands

Bladdy 'ell, first it's sexy mormon wives, now it's groaning maidens. Even the morals of the fine, upstanding members of the CM forum are being bastardised. Dear oh dear oh dear.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT