Best Smoke Fire and Explosion Mod? Anyone?

Hi

Many here really like Gunslinger's Great toned down texture mods. There has been some suggestions that his smoke fire and explosion graphics are not the best out there.

I'm not using his, but I'm not really sure where I got the ones I like.

I would like to hear recommendations for the BEST smoke fire and explosions graphics mods to download and use.

I Have a name Danius (?) some how associated with my smoke fire and explosions files as mod creator? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

What smoke fire and explosions modified graphics are you using, what have you tried and what have you compared them too?

Who has done the nicest job on Big Secondary explosions?

This all came up some time ago, but I really don't know whose smoke fire and explosions mods I'm running, but I like them smile.gif, and I'm certian they are not Gunslingers, (Sorry Gunslinger)

comments? suggestions?

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 10-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Tom,

Pick up the explosion mod from Maddmatt's web site. It is under the Special effects category. I really like the explosions.

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Jeff

Thanks for reply.

I was wondering who is the Author and if that is the set with the nice big secondary explosions.

I have a good set in my game now but I'm not sure where I got them from, or who to credit for their design.

thanks

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Hi Jeff

Thanks for reply.

I was wondering who is the Author and if that is the set with the nice big secondary explosions.

I have a good set in my game now but I'm not sure where I got them from, or who to credit for their design.

thanks

-tom w

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

This is the link: http://combathq.thegamers.net/mods/sfx3.asp

This is all I know. I REALLY like the secondary explosion for the tanks.

Jeff

yup

I think that's the one I'm using, I replaced Gunslinger's with those Mods from MadMatt's site. And yes they are very nice, the smoek is quite black and sooty.

Are there any other Fire smoke and Explosion mods out there worthy of consideration?

Thanks again

-tom w

Danius (sp?) original did some explosion mods and I modified them by giving them some 3-d texture effects to make them look like blasts, expanding gases, etc. Madmatt helped with the pink spots and lots of constructive criticism smile.gif I don't think the smoke itself was ever touched, I'll take a look-see.

And to answer Tom's Question I think Matt's explosions are the best that I have seen so far. There is an upgraded explosion in the

Gold demo but it is not as good as Matt's. He may have done both I don't know, but the

file he has for download on his site is the

better of the two.

I'd be interested in seeing yours Tiger if it's not a bother.

Believe it or not my favorite part of Gunslingers Mod has got to be the pine trees. They are very crisp all washed down. very real looking.

I've been making a zip of all my favorite

mods and putting alittle of this and a little of that, so far testing it it looks pretty cool.

Later fellas!

After rereading above statement and after alittle investigation I feel like a dork. Sorry Tiger I didn't realize that your explosion and Madmatts explosions are one in the same.Atleast the one posted on his site.

I should probably think before I type.

Sorry for being ignorant.

Mord

yup yup

originally worked on by Danius (sp??). I think he tweaked the coloring, I'm not sure it's been so long. I added the 3-d effects by pinching,punching, sphere-"ing" the explosions in somewhat of an order (from initial hit to blast to expanding fireball with sparks.

Here's a screenshot I just posted with my king tiger wheel mod but looks so cool I'm posting it here too. It really shows off the explosion effects. biggrin.gif

explodingkingtiger.jpg

-johnS

Hey Tiger, is this the one on MadMatt's site?

I think that is what I'm using. Just curious. I'm one of the Mod addicts. Gimme gimme gimme smile.gif

Ooops, just read Mord's post. Nah Mord, you ain't stupid, I typed mine above before I read yours. Or I guess that makes me stupider. "Duh, dis my odder brodder Daryl". smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-27-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Hey Tiger, is this the one on MadMatt's site?

I think that is what I'm using. Just curious. I'm one of the Mod addicts. Gimme gimme gimme smile.gif

Ooops, just read Mord's post. Nah Mord, you ain't stupid, I typed mine above before I read yours. Or I guess that makes me stupider. "Duh, dis my odder brodder Daryl". smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

odder? i thought it was "other"...i still thinks it's funnier as other

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Well for the record the Tiger/Madmatt/Danius

explosion is the best...in my book atleast. And the pic of that tank getting all blowed up kicks major butt!

And Bruno the correct term for someone who lovingly and obsessively collects graphical modifications is ModSlut biggrin.gif I be one myself smile.gif

Mord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAZZA:

I'd like to see someone mod the flame on flamethrowers/flametanks with the same detail as in the explosion mod.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a killer Idea Jazza! I'm all for that!

Anybody know what BMP #s are for the flame from the flame thrower?

Guest Madmatt

Yes, If I remember it, Danius sent me this mod in an email out of the blue with no readme, no subject field and no advance notice.

I could immediately tell the texture was awesome looking but when viewed in the game it speckled with little tiny pink spots. I spent the next 4 hours or so painstakingly removing all those little masking errors and eventually posted the mod. Soon after Tiger sent me a moded-mod version where he added some more 3D effects and I think over the next few days we went through about 4 more versions before I posted the one there now. Is that about right Tiger? It's been so long now.

Haven't really heard from Danius since. He did send me a cool FOW flag but I never posted it (it needed cleaning up too)..Hmmm, I wonder what happened to him...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-28-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes, If I remember it, Danius sent me this mod in an email out of the blue with no readme, no subject field and no advance notice.

I could immediately tell the texture was awesome looking but when viewed in the game it speckled with little tiny pink spots. I spent the next 4 hours or so painstakingly removing all those little masking errors and eventually posted the mod. Soon after Tiger sent me a moded-mod version where he added some more 3D effects and I think over the next few days we went through about 4 more versions before I posted the one there now. Is that about right Tiger? It's been so long now.

Haven't really heard from Danius since. He did send me a cool FOW flag but I never posted it (it needed cleaning up too)..Hmmm, I wonder what happened to him...

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great,

thanks for the history and credits on that one, I'm using that set of mods for my explosions and I think it is the best one out there.

very nicely done!

-tom w