A NOTE TO ALL NEW POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS

Well since we are in the Holiday Season now, there seems to be quite a few new people finding and wondering about CM.

And a couple of the most re-occuring questions is "Should I buy this game?" and "I don't wanna waste the $45 on it."

It seems to me that this is skepticism is based on that CM is only available on-line. I can understand this concern. There are several other on-line companies that IMHO, really aren't producing worthwhile games. I'm not gonna name any names, but BTS is different.

To answer these concerns, I suggest all new potential customers read the Battlefront.com Manifesto. It will answer all your questions on why BTS chose to market a game of this stature only on-line rather than distributing it on store shelves.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-29-2000).]

I was one of the ones that posted that question. I meant no disrespect to this company or producer but I also work hard for my money and wanted to look into things before I spend that money.

I think the Demos they provide helped me to trust them and I have downloaded it and have played it a short time but will futher my education on it tonight.

To me the most important opinions are those of the gamers who have the game and post here. On almost all boards you will find two opinions or two types of posts, pro and con. I have yet to see a post being critical of the developer or the game. Thats a great sign. They seem to suppor their games.

I may or may not buy this game, my gut tells me that when I play it tonight I will know after the first few hours and I think I am going to like it. But if I dont its not a slam on this game, you or this company. It just means it didnt meet my critia for spending that amount of money on my limited budget.

I appreciate all the posters help, including yours and i hope you understand why people like myself come on here to find out. Its not to be anything other than a fact finding mission.

Hope to own the game soon and Thanks to all who helped.

God Bless.

Trust me my fellow, Volunteer. wink.gif You'll want to buy the game. In fact it will save you money in the long run becasue you won't need or WANT to buy another game for a long while. The only other game I've bought since buying CM is BGII, and you even mentioned that IIRC.

A note about the Tennessee Volunteers. I live in a relatively small town of about 9300 people (1990 census) in Southern Illinois and there is this one guy that writes for the local newspaper that is such a big UT-Vol fan that he has several articles of clothing for each body part, so he wears at least one piece of UT paraphenellia every freakin' day! I've asked him if he's got UT underwear but he won't answer me. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TownsendVol:

On almost all boards you will find two opinions or two types of posts, pro and con. I have yet to see a post being critical of the developer or the game.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because we don't allow our wives / girlfriends to post here wink.gif

------------------

Frag Hanoi Jane

MAXIMUS,

HEHEHE Thats cool. While I was in the US Army and even when I lived in other states I stuck to the VOLS till the end and will continue to do so. I am a life long UT fan,and Me, My wife, my dad, my cousin have all Graduated from the Univ. of Tennessee. We bleed orange just as I am this guy does. We are proud of our school and state.

Now back to the game. I am glad that this board is having so many questions asking if they should buy it. That means that if you make a good game that the fans love, the word will get out and you can still be successful. I applaud BTL. Front and others that do this. Trust me better to have people asking about the game than no conversation at all. By the way, you guys have a great board here and I hope to be a regular participant. Hopefully contribute more than just questions in the future.

Go Vols and God Bless.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TownsendVol:

I appreciate all the posters help, including yours and i hope you understand why people like myself come on here to find out. Its not to be anything other than a fact finding mission.

God Bless.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Understood. I too do my research before buying anything these days. I've been around since the Beta days. I ordered mine the day after I downloaded the Beta Demo last January, 6 months before the game came out. If the Beta demo sold me, the Gold demo will sell you. The game has come a LONG way since even the Gold Demo. The game plays better and the graphics are even better due to all the mods that have come out.

Guest Mikey D

To reassure you who arconsidering buying CM, I too have wasted some substantial dough on some pretty insubstantial games in the past.

But CM is WORTH EVERY PENNY... hell, it's worth twice as many pennies! I've had people watching CM over my shoulder saying "How can they give you all this for just 45 bucks?!! And let's not forget CM's impressive ability to be customized to suit your tastes with free download graphics and scenarios. Thumbs-up!

This game changes weekly. Find me another WW II game like that and I'll start playing it religiously. Since I've bought CM everything in the game has changed. From trees to wheels on jeeps. You don't have to get all of your mods from the CMHQ. You can easily make your own. Same goes with the maps.

I live in Canada and I was dissappointed with BTS at first because my game took 2 weeks to get here. (not their fault... Canadian customs don't like packages from small U.S. companies ) I can't stop playing it. Since I know photoshop I make my own mods to things. Besides playing the game, the game allows for some pretty unique creativity. Kumps website has some inspiring graphic mods.

Check out his website

BTS is a great company. After playing the demo, I decided to take a chance and put in my money to buy the full version.

And you know what? I couldn't be happier.

This game is fun, engaging, (some would say addictive... wink.gif ) and versatile.

CM = Money well spent. BUY THIS GAME.

TownsendVol, I don't think you'd regret, even for a minute, buying this game. I was sold as soon as I downloaded and fired up the demo. Ordered my copy the next morning and was on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive.

Now that I have the game, its breadth of scope is almost overpowering.

As I told a friend, I foresee time-management issues becoming problematic. wink.gif

CM is a righteous game. My long-time gaming bud and I both independently bought the game after catching the CGW review. When we saw what we had, we practically fell into each other's arms weeping. I mean, in retrospect, it was a real uncomfortable moment. But then CM does that to people.

To qoute my bud, a present-at-the-creation player of the original Avalon Hill Squad Leader and all its progeny "It's the only game we'll ever have to buy." Of course, he then immediately began to speculate about the launch dates of the planned sequels.

Buy the game!

------------------

Also los, Augen zu, und hinein!

East Front 2, West Front, Rising Sun, Close Combats, Art of War, Steel Panthers. They are all good games, but NONE compare to Combat Mission.

No game has the excitement or heartbreak as Combat Mission. None are as realistic or offer you as true view of combat ( but without real ammo ).

From your 1st game you will have moments you will never forget in your gaming lives. No other game is as well supported by fans with Mods and scanario's. If fan support isn't saying something, then I don't know what is.

BUY IT.... PERIOD..........