PBEM Questions.

Depends on you and your opponent and how large the scenario is. If you and your opponent can send a couple turns a day for a medium length scenario (20-30 turns) then I'm guessing about 2 weeks?

Yes, you can send them by icq. Try doing a search on this subject.

Have fun.

As far as number of turns, most games of average to moderate size will propably be determined sometime between turn 20-30. Ocasionally it might end faster to longer, depending on the style of play of the opponents, and the exact layout of the battle, but that's a good rough guess. As far as real time, it depends entirely on what you and you opponent arrange. If you agree to to 1 full turn per day, then obviously it could take a month. If you go full speed and turn around order/movie files as fast as possible, you might knock a game out in less than a day, or quicker.

As far as ICQ, the turn files are pure text files, so they have no problem being sent via ICQ file transfer. And ICQ is already a popular method of controling the exchange of files for CM

When I first started playing PBEMs with the beta demo we used ICQ. I now only use AOL AIM. The downloads/uploads seem MUCH faster than ICQ and the instant meesaging is faster as well.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

OK, I still haven’t received the full version of the game yet, but correct me if I'm wrong. On the PBEM version of the game you get the turn, view the results, send it to the next player to view theirs, then back to enter your orders then to them to enter theirs????

Ok, I don't know how many of you have ever player Stars! but that has a much better system that they should consider for CM2. Basically each player downloads a file that shows his results. He then does his turn and submits a file with his orders. This allows a few things:

1. Both players can do their turn simultaneously.

2. Conceivably web servers can be set up that detect when both turns have been submitted to it, generate the next turn and send the new files to the players.

This is a much easier and quicker way to do turns with simultaneous turn generation in a PBEM game. CM team, please take note!

Thanks,

Kevin