Come on...gimme a freakin' schreck!

Okay... Here is a problem I am still seeing when I have the computer select my forces.

Last night my roomie and I played a 2000 point ME and the ONLY AT I got was 3 Hetzers. I didn't get a single Panzerschreck. Whilst my opponent got more than an ample supply of zooks.

Since Panzerschrecks are not attached to any TOE the computer seems to overlook them when choosing forces for the Germans.

Because I this I loathe to play with computer selected forces but thought I would try it out since I hadn't before 1.05.

Thanks,

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

Howdy. When you do "force type" what are you setting it to? Since you're getting Hetzers you're probably using armored or combined arms. If armored, you'd be lucky to get any infantry. If combined arms, then the computer will probably try to build a balanced armor/infantry force, and probably figured the Hetzers were all the AT power you needed.

DjB

Nooo... I don't think so. The reason Schrecks aren't there is because they are not apart of any German unit TOE. Either at the Battalion, Company, or Platoon level. Go ahead and check it out.

Therefore the computer runs out of points when it is buying "in mass" and the Schrecks get left out.

The computer should be smart enough to save some points to fill out the supports units that are not provided. IE. Schrecks, or Sharpshooters.

Jeff

------------------

I once killed a six pack just to watch it die.

Jeff, I'm pretty sure the QB force-picker limits its choices based on what force type you select. I don't think it heeds valid "distinct unit composition" TO&E any more than it heeds historical rarity.

To example this, I recently played a QB of an Allied attack on an Axis force. As many random settings as possible.

At night, in fog, a UK armored assault came against an Axis position consisting of:

(2) 234/1 HTs

(1) MG bunker

(1) 105mm spotter

(1) AT mine block

(1) 150mm IG

(1) 88mm FlaK gun

all Elite

and nothing else. Hardly a historical TO&E given the fact that the force type was probably infantry, perhaps mechanized. MG bunkers aren't part of any unit's TO&E, nor are any of these other items in fact, so how were they all selected?

DjB

ps I got stomped, of course.

[This message has been edited by Doug Beman (edited 12-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Doug Beman (edited 12-29-2000).]

Hmm, they are there. I setup 10 2000pt QB meeting engagements, combined arms at various dates with default settings. The computer gave the Axis 0,0,2,0,5,6,2,4,0,3 shrecks respectively. Overall I liked the choices the computer made in picking a balanced force, it appears more reasonable than in the earlier versions.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

This is one reason why I hate QBs. I much rather prefer user-made scenarios. The opposing forces seem way more balanced and plus you get reinforcements!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here

QB's are not as much fun as user created scenarios, and the map generator stinks. Map we make are way better.

Guest KwazyDog

Hi Jeff,

I just did some testing with all of the setting as standard except for a battle size of 800 points. I recieved Panzerschrecks in 3 of those 5 battles, which dosnt sound too bad to me. Im guess youve either just been unlucky or something have changes in the latest build I have wink.gif

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Nooo... I don't think so. The reason Schrecks aren't there is because they are not apart of any German unit TOE. Either at the Battalion, Company, or Platoon level. Go ahead and check it out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just off the top of my pointy head:

Fallschirmjaeger platoons have an attached 'shreck team (all the way up to battalion). And then there's Volksturm --- fuggedaboudit! --- they've got so many damn 'shrecks attatched (4 per platoon) I never know what to do with 'em all!

Guest Madmatt

I played a little 1000 point QB this morning against the AI and I had to flush out several Schreck teams. Proved a nasty surprise to my Polish armor as a matter of fact.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

• 2 weeks later...