Various questions...

Hello to you all,

While waiting eagerly for my copy of CM to arrive, I would like to ask you the following questions :

A ) After playing the demo ( which I loved by the way ) I noticed that the AI doesn't try to flank my positions as much as I expected. Is this behaviour common ?

Strange thought :

I really miss dealing with flanking manouvers, there is nothing as exciting as being surprised by a flank attack and having to reorganize my defensive positions under heavy fire and then follow with a incisive counterattack. I'm sure that PBEM is a good remedy to this ... biggrin.gif

B ) Are there any other Portuguese CM fans out there ?

C ) Does anyone know when does Charles end his vacations ?? ( I really would like a response to the E-mail I sent him )

Well, as soon as get my copy, I hope to "bother" you all with some interesting tactical/historical discussions, and bloody PBEM games . smile.gif

Guest Mirage2k

Well, I can't help you on B and C, but I'll try my best with your first question:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>A ) After playing the demo ( which I loved by the way ) I noticed that the AI doesn't try to flank my positions as much as I expected. Is this behaviour common ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The AI isn't perfect, and attacks are sometimes something that it has trouble with. You're right, it doesn't flank much. That being said, I have seen it pull off some amazing maneuvers, with smoke and without (in case you haven't noticed already, the AI REALLY likes smoke.).

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley people!

Thank you for your answers,

Mirage2K

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The AI isn't perfect, and attacks are sometimes something that it has trouble with.(...), the AI REALLY likes smoke.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, It was just a crazy wish... And yes, sometimes I find myself playing in a artificially induced fog bank smile.gif

IntelWeenie

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Sometimes the AI doesn't NEED to flank you<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that if the AI had a lone King Tiger against my 3 platoons of inf. that would make it a little difficult for it to flank me... biggrin.gif

i thought the AI never flanked till this afternoon. made a QB (nighttime germans assaulting a village) the first thing was a panther charged into my front( very odd i thought as it turned out to be its only tank + it went straight over a daisy chain(can it not see these at night i would like to know)) after knocking this out i thort i could take anything. as the AI never flanks my frontal defense was 'ard .suddenly i had 6 halftracks on each side +armoured cars , cos it was dark i hadnt seen them and their smokescreen at my front had been a feint. i never underestimate the AI now as it got a big wahoo from me. very clever game guys

Blue Macs....try riding an AFV at nite....especially if it was buttoned up and see how much you can see smile.gif trust me you can't....

even though those daisey chains sit on the ground, they may be a bit difficult to see from the TC's hatch....

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

"Flanking Manuevers?"

Yes the AI will flank on many occasions, I don't know about the demo, never played it, but certainly in the full version it does.

"B ) Are there any other Portuguese CM fans out there ?"

Why do you want to make some Angola scenarios? smile.gif

Los

(American of Portuguese descent)

[This message has been edited by Los (edited 07-20-2000).]

A) From what I've played of the demo, unless you pile your forces in the middle, there's no room on the sides of the map to flank you!

------------------

The worst part of any conflict is peacekeeping, it is the time when only one side may fire.