Boy, where did all these new members come from???

Must be from the salvation of all disgruntled gamers from mediocre games and gaming companies to which there IS a game company that can make a great bug-free game. Bug-free as in no show-stopping bugs.

And as the reviews say, the graphics aren't on par with the current 3D offerings...well, as BTS has said many times before...many people over estimate what today's hardware is capable of. For a game that is totally rendered with polygons, it's gonna take a decent to high-end computer to handle this game. We're not talking 2D or 2D/Isometric here anymore. And for people who keep complaining about sprites for trees, well let me know when everybody has a 2GHz CPU w 2GB of RAM and 256MB 3D cards. To do a fully 3 dimensional tree would take a tremendous amount of polygons.

I'm not bitching, I just roll my eyes rolleyes.gif when I see a review knocking the graphics in CM. It's like, "Ooo, a 3D game, let's compare it to QuakeIII." rolleyes.gif Not the same thing, bub.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 08-01-2000).]

Honestly, I haven't been monitoring this board since I got the game. Why should I? No need to. I have been playing it, working on winterized textures, downloading new textures and scenarios. I subscribed to TGN's Scenario Depot and I get an email everytime a new scenario is uploaded.

Someday, I hope to learn web page creating and hope to create my own page with CM stuff like textures.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

Guest MantaRay

Well, honsetly I havent even been playing CM unless BattleNet is down (Diablo 2 multi-player) as I am totally addicted. But CM will be there after D2 so i am not worried.

But remember this, when Panzer General 2 came out, everyone raved about the graphics, and I thought they were crappy, so everyone has differing opinions. If ppl say that CM has bad graphics, that is good because then they can focus on what the good points are about the game: gameplay and imersion.

Ray

PS. Maximus, you should just get FrontPage 2000 and creating webpages is easy. If only Diablo 2 wouldnt take so much of my time now...I would work on mine smile.gif

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hardcore Gamers Daily

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I noticed too that some of the people who used to complain about not getting their copies have disappeared from the board!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I stoped doing that because I asumed it bored people, but I can start doing it again if you like me to? smile.gif

To keep it short:

* pre-ordered November 1999

* game confirmed sent June 22nd 2000

* game missing, presumed lost

Steve is very sorry (that they forgot to resend after three weeks) and has recently sent another copy, with a little added something to make it up to me. cool.gif

I really do understand that SNAFU happends and FUBAR lurks in the dark. However, I am very happy with the way BTS handles these things! Their customer support/handling is the best I've seen on the net. May the best in your past, be the worst in your future, guys!

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited 08-02-2000).]

Nooo please do not Hawk start again the Missing In Order stuff!!

Or you will deter me to visit your country in September wink.gif

------------------

Nicolas

"Deux intellectuels assis vont moins loin qu'une brute qui marche"

Un Taxi Pour Tobrouk

Well I haved planned a trip from Bergen to Kirkenes using the "coastal express" system

We plan also to spend a day in Oslo !

------------------

Nicolas

"Deux intellectuels assis vont moins loin qu'une brute qui marche"

Un Taxi Pour Tobrouk

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Must be from the salvation of all disgruntled gamers from mediocre games and gaming companies to which there IS a game company that can make a great bug-free game. Bug-free as in no show-stopping bugs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll drink to that!

Not to mention a few guys that ask the question 'wouldn't it be cool if... ?' and asking the same question to the people they already know to be their audience. All without some self-proclaimed marketing genius waving his/her demographics info. about in front of genius II in accounting (Retch).

This game is a great thing and I can only hope that more will hear, listen and buy.

[This message has been edited by Gustang (edited 08-02-2000).]

Exellent point and well said. I never ever before would consider pre-ordering a game, but when these guys bring out there next one I just might. Graphics smaphics who cares I'd rather have a well rounded game anyday. Like you say you'd need a Cray Super computer like the military use to handle so much detail. Do you think they could combine Close Combat with this game?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Must be from the salvation of all disgruntled gamers from mediocre games and gaming companies to which there IS a game company that can make a great bug-free game. Bug-free as in no show-stopping bugs.

And as the reviews say, the graphics aren't on par with the current 3D offerings...well, as BTS has said many times before...many people over estimate what today's hardware is capable of. For a game that is totally rendered with polygons, it's gonna take a decent to high-end computer to handle this game. We're not talking 2D or 2D/Isometric here anymore. And for people who keep complaining about sprites for trees, well let me know when everybody has a 2GHz CPU w 2GB of RAM and 256MB 3D cards. To do a fully 3 dimensional tree would take a tremendous amount of polygons.

I'm not bitching, I just roll my eyes rolleyes.gif when I see a review knocking the graphics in CM. It's like, "Ooo, a 3D game, let's compare it to QuakeIII." rolleyes.gif Not the same thing, bub.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

who cares if the graphics are not world record breaking, they are fantastic anyway. and when you consider how small the scenario files are for up/downloading and PBEMing what more can you ask for

------------------

"If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no plane at all it's the Luftwaffe." -German soldier, Western Front, 1945