Good book on WWII armor / equipment

I just bought CMBo and I love it, but I dont know much about the different armor types etc. I am a huge airplane fan (and pilot) and so I know a ton about that but not about armor, can anyone recommend a good reference type book with WWII armor in it so I can play the game better? thanks!

Osprey publishings "Vanguard" series covers things pretty good and "The Military Book Club" has a Fighting Armor of WWII series that is nice. Also " Tank versus Tank" by Kenneth Macksey has some good information on tanks in combat and their improvments thoughout the last century.

http://www.militarybookclub.com/

------------------

Jason

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."

(Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

The best quick reference guide I've found is from HPS Simulations, the company that made the computer game "Tigers on the Prowl". The book is called "HPS Weapons Encyclopedia". You can order it at http://www.hpssims.com/Order.htm

It's $25 and well worth it.

It includes land, sea, and air units from just about every nation involved in WW2.

... and no I don't work for HPS. smile.gif

Two good books you might want to check out:

World War II Tanks ISBN 185532 532 2

World War II AFVs ISBN 1 85532 582 9

Both by George Forty and published by Osprey.

The two books have over 550 illustrations

I got them both from the Military Book Club

Dave

------------------

My front is pushed back.My right gives way.Situation Excellent! I am attacking!

Ferdinand Foch 1916

For German equipment, Chamberlain & Doyles 'German AFV's of WWII' is a must.

Also agree that any of Jentz and Spielbergers are top notch.

As with any literary works however, they are produced by humans and so there are clashes so be careful! Jentz and Spielbergers PzKpfw V II 'schmallturm' controversy is one that springs to mind...

------------------

PTG