CLOSE COMBAT 5.................release Q4 2000

I'll be checking out the demo 1st... got stung badly with cc4 which was an utter pile of ****. Pitty cause I enjoyed cc3 quite a bit. 1 big difference I notice between cm and cc is AT guns. In cc they were very good. They seemed to survive more... I guess because there was no artillery and limited mortors in cc.

Guest ckoharik

I agree with CC4 being a POS. Being part of the beta team was interesting. We told them that their changes were going to piss off a lot of people but they cut the test short when some dolt released their copy on the Net.

The AT guns were definitely more survivable in CC than they are in CM. Now I actually have to *think* about where I place them! Sheesh! smile.gif

There's no going back to sprites, mates.

CC's history in my book. CC wasn't that accurate anyways. How many times did a 57mm AT gun knock out a Panther? Too many times in CC.....

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

CC is just CM, only without realism, good graphics, or different units. Stuarts were able to take out Panthers just as well as the other way around. Tanks aimed at 2 story buildings, and consistantly missed from 50 yards. Tanks decided the whole outcome of the battle, because infantry units didn't have panzerfausts. The player with a tank left over from a tank duel usually won. Besides, CC 3 wasn't even avalible for the Mac (thanks a lot, Microsoft).

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton