Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Utah Beach Tournament!

On 10/7/2024 at 9:21 PM, MeatEtr said:

How is stating one’s own opinion “minimizing” somebody’s else’s? Not my problem you don’t like hearing an opinion that you don’t agree with. But so now I’m clueless? Ok LOL! Now you’re doing exactly what you claimed I was doing to you. Take it easy man, to each his own! 🫠

Ohh dear you do have a problem don't you...

You are welcome to your views as I am, I did not seek to put my views above yours as your follow up responses did to me.

;)

You tried to back your view up saying everyone agreed with you? Clearly that is not the case.

If you can't see how you tried to justify your position by false logic I can't help you.

All the best...

18 hours ago, A Canadian Cat said:

Personally I would rather have people that are playing be able to finish. How is it a good thing if you win because other people don't get to play the scenario to completion.

Hi if I may offer another opinon...

The tournament is a concept that is different from just adhoc games and the basis of folk signing up for it is they know they have a fixed timescale, the rules are published you read them and agree to them to play.

There is a mechanic to deal with folk that don't play enough turns within that round timescale.

Is it a great mechanic? No but the world is an imperfect place.

Everyone works within the same rules and life is tough. My oppo has dropped out for whatever reason the mechanic will not allow me to "win" because it will award 1/2 points and folk that do get to play all their turns will likely score more. What it does do is keep me in the middle of the pack and offers a glimmar that I might be able to continue to compete against the other players.

In the first tourney myself and oppo did not play quickly enough to complete the games in the first round, I did not ask for an extension as I do not put myself above everyone else who has played within the tourney rules.

If whoever is running the tourney wants to have an extension rule then that is their call. It ideally needs to be fairly and cleary published before the tourney starts.

So everyone is on the same footing and knows they can request an extension.

SlySniper runs a great tournament but I don't join it because I could not meet the turn rates (no laptop at that time to run CM while on Holiday) and he is very clear on his rules.

I do agree that CM takes more time to play and perhaps as suggested that rounds should match in days the number or turns for the scenario. That gives folks a chance at a turn a day even with time differences.

Anyway just a different POV and YMMV..

;)

5 hours ago, Holien said:

Hi if I may offer another opinon...

You did as you may 🙂

The tournament is a concept that is different from just adhoc games and the basis of folk signing up for it is they know they have a fixed timescale, the rules are published you read them and agree to them to play.

Agreed

There is a mechanic to deal with folk that don't play enough turns within that round timescale.

Is it a great mechanic? No but the world is an imperfect place.

Everyone works within the same rules and life is tough. My oppo has dropped out for whatever reason the mechanic will not allow me to "win" because it will award 1/2 points and folk that do get to play all their turns will likely score more. What it does do is keep me in the middle of the pack and offers a glimmar that I might be able to continue to compete against the other players.

Yeah one of the reasons I'm not in this one. I have no idea how to make that abandonment better in this environment but as you said it is what it is and everyone is in the same boat. I think this causes the random opponent assignment to matter more than it should. If you get are a good player and you get matched with player that rage quits or gives up you are punished pretty severely.

11 hours ago, Holien said:

Ohh dear you do have a problem don't you...

You tried to back your view up saying everyone agreed with you?

I normally don’t call people out but you’re kinda giving me no choice here (more insults). In truth, I pushed back on your attitude not your opinion.

Do you remember saying this?

On 10/6/2024 at 9:05 AM, Holien said:

...twindling my thumbs just so folk can finish I am against extensions...

Clearly you were upset about your opponent going AWOL and want the next round to start ASAP. To hell with the other players. This type of attitude or behavior is frowned upon in team/group settings. So I ruffled your selfish feathers a bit, but you’ll live! 🫠

I'm sure you'll never admit it and probably just hurl more insults at me. But perhaps next time you’ll think twice before saying this in a tournament forum.

P.S. I’m gonna LMAO if we get paired up in the next rd. 😂

13 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

I normally don’t call people out but you’re kinda giving me no choice here (more insults). In truth, I pushed back on your attitude not your opinion.

Do you remember saying this?

Clearly you were upset about your opponent going AWOL and want the next round to start ASAP. To hell with the other players. This type of attitude or behavior is frowned upon in team/group settings. So I ruffled your selfish feathers a bit, but you’ll live! 🫠

I'm sure you'll never admit it and probably just hurl more insults at me. But perhaps next time you’ll think twice before saying this in a tournament forum.

P.S. I’m gonna LMAO if we get paired up in the next rd. 😂

I think that post says far more about you than you even know...

TTFN

;)

On 9/21/2024 at 9:25 AM, Andrew Kulin said:

They took an existing game and tweaked it as best they could to make it work with PBEM+.  Think of it as hammering a square peg into a round hole.  Mostly works, but sometimes weird stuff happens.

I miss the CM1 days when it was just us guys on a user-created website posting on the boards, getting matches, and self-reporting PBEM scores.  this new system is beyond my understanding, i would not even be aware if points were wonky. I'm just having fun playing and getting my forces shot to pieces.  

everyone give a salute to ValdusAurelian my Normandy opponent.  My German forces are reduced a few pistol packing survivors hiding in attics, he captured the entire city!   most awesomely he fought his way up the cathedral and captured the bell tower.  Maybe can the developers add a church bell ring when this happens?

See my screenshot , i added the "WELL" to the "DONE".   

As far as me being the americans, i'm not doing very well, i'm not doing much better than the hilarious scene from Inglorious Basterds when the American commander says "the tower stands!!" even though his men are piled up dead 6 deep.  

Inglorious Basterds, THE TOWER STANDS!

Normandy R1 captured Cathedral.png

On 9/3/2024 at 12:24 PM, BFCElvis said:

PLEASE NOTE - DO NOT ABANDON, CEASEFIRE OR SURRENDER DURING A ROUND OR ELSE THE SCORING BECOMES INACCURATE.

Is this to say the game has to be played all the way through to last minute? My opponent just said

"I've requested ceasefire in both games so whenever you feel like you've had enough feel free to hit the ceasefire button yourself"

What should i tell him? 

10 hours ago, decimated550 said:

Is this to say the game has to be played all the way through to last minute? My opponent just said

"I've requested ceasefire in both games so whenever you feel like you've had enough feel free to hit the ceasefire button yourself"

What should i tell him? 

Show them that quote. Sounds like they didn't read the instructions for the tournament (they aren't the only one). Play it out to the end or the score will be wonky (techincal term)

On 10/13/2024 at 8:28 PM, decimated550 said:

everyone give a salute to ValdusAurelian my Normandy opponent.  My German forces are reduced a few pistol packing survivors hiding in attics, he captured the entire city!   most awesomely he fought his way up the cathedral and captured the bell tower.  Maybe can the developers add a church bell ring when this happens?

See my screenshot , i added the "WELL" to the "DONE".   

As far as me being the americans, i'm not doing very well, i'm not doing much better than the hilarious scene from Inglorious Basterds when the American commander says "the tower stands!!" even though his men are piled up dead 6 deep.  

Inglorious Basterds, THE TOWER STANDS!

Your opponent wants to ceasefire given those conditions???