A few noob questions

Last month I grabbed up all of the WW2 titles. I had played a lot back in the CM1 days but had not played in years. I have played for a few weeks now CMRT. I just today started playing the CMBN. 

I notice a few differences. In CMRT most of the tanks and AFVs can carry passengers. In CMBN the same vehicles cannot. Is there a design reason why? 

Also I noticed that sometimes air support assets spend the entire scenario "enroute" and unavailable. Random bad luck?

Finally...German PzG squads that begin on foot seem to have more men. Is this because the driver and vehicle crew is part of a squad?

Thank you and great game!

3 hours ago, rvseydlitz said:

Last month I grabbed up all of the WW2 titles. I had played a lot back in the CM1 days but had not played in years. I have played for a few weeks now CMRT. I just today started playing the CMBN. 

I notice a few differences. In CMRT most of the tanks and AFVs can carry passengers. In CMBN the same vehicles cannot. Is there a design reason why? 

Also I noticed that sometimes air support assets spend the entire scenario "enroute" and unavailable. Random bad luck?

Finally...German PzG squads that begin on foot seem to have more men. Is this because the driver and vehicle crew is part of a squad?

Thank you and great game!

In RT they don't have ground units which can communicate with air support assets. It is very difficult to guess where the air assets attack. To find out what I mean play the scenario FR Now or Never. Don't rule out Fratricide by the Red Airforce.  

19 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

CMRT was released later, hence it being the first title to include them.

@rvseydlitz you'll find that the Western Allies can tank ride in CMFB.  In 'Real Life' I'm sure it happened in CMBN 'areas/dates' but maybe not so much.

On 5/18/2024 at 2:25 PM, Vacillator said:

In 'Real Life' I'm sure it happened in CMBN 'areas/dates' but maybe not so much.

Meanwhile it was doctrine for the Soviets which is why it was added in CMRT.

Riding on tanks in non combat was fairly common for the western allies but only the Soviets planned, intended and specified from on high to do it during combat. I'm sure someone can quote an example where that happened on the western front but it was very atypical. Hence it was not in CMBN. I'm not sure why CMFB gets it other than we all asked for it 🙂  Re-doing all the models in CMBN would be a large task - large testing task mostly - so it has not been undertaken.