6th Airborne Closing the Ranville Gap - searching for scenario author

As the titles implies, I am trying to find the name of the author of the above named scenario. I would like to ask them some questions about sources for the names of the assigned defensive sectors. Any help would be appreciated.

31 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Oddly when I try to load the scenario up from either side, it crashes me out of CMBN back to desktop.  No error message, just kicks me out.  This may be the first time I've had this.

It might be due to the size. When I looked at it earlier it did seem to stick on 98% for quite a while when loading. I doubt I'll actually be playing it anytime soon, too busy with  real life, and Downfall at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

It might be due to the size. When I looked at it earlier it did seem to stick on 98% for quite a while when loading. I doubt I'll actually be playing it anytime soon, too busy with  real life, and Downfall at the moment.

Maybe, it is high on the 'hugeness scale' (sniggering and rolling of eyes).  However I've just loaded up 'No country for tanks' which is at the top of the charts in my CMBN, and it loaded without a problem.  Perhaps every man and their dogs are on map at the start of Ranville but not in No country...

I'll experiment a bit more as I've not had a scenario fail at the first hurdle before.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Maybe, it is high on the 'hugeness scale' (sniggering and rolling of eyes).  However I've just loaded up 'No country for tanks' which is at the top of the charts in my CMBN, and it loaded without a problem.  Perhaps every man and their dogs are on map at the start of Ranville but not in No country...

I'll experiment a bit more as I've not had a scenario fail at the first hurdle before.

It’s a good scenario worth playing. Maybe too easy.
There are not all the German troops at the beginning but the map is very large.  Did you try with the lowest model and texture quality?

Edited by thilio

My version of Closing the Ranville gap loads no problem. There are no Designer's Notes nor has the author included their name.

BTW: The scenario is quite a significant abstraction of the event. The map is flat whereas the terrrain in the area between the bridge over the Orne ("Horsa") and the Chateau St. Come gradually climbs from 6m to 60m. The elevation difference between the British positions around Ranville, Le Bas de Ranville and the high ground just east of the Orne and the German start line was approximately 20 meters of elevation. The Germans also had a great view of the whole area of Dropzone N and beyond from the steeple of Eglise St. Pierre in Breville-les-Monts which sat at 54 m elevation plus the steeple.

I get reproducable CTDs with CMBN when I load multiple huge scenarios in succession. This is due to not  allowing my computer sufficient time to for the previous scenario to be completely cleared out of memory.

5 hours ago, WimO said:

There are no Designer's Notes nor has the author included their name.

BTW: The scenario is quite a significant abstraction of the event. The map is flat whereas the terrrain in the area between the bridge over the Orne ("Horsa") and the Chateau St. Come gradually climbs from 6m to 60m. The elevation difference between the British positions around Ranville, Le Bas de Ranville and the high ground just east of the Orne and the German start line was approximately 20 meters of elevation. The Germans also had a great view of the whole area of Dropzone N and beyond from the steeple of Eglise St. Pierre in Breville-les-Monts which sat at 54 m elevation plus the steeple.

My reason for suggesting you try @Bootie was down to the lack of Designer Notes, and authors name in the briefing.

Like yourself I found the map a bit flat and feature less. Okey, back to the Reichwswald.

18 minutes ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

Checked the 'scenario depot' and the author of  the scenario is listed as 'Bootie', hope this helps

Bootie is the guru who curates / maintains etc. the repository.  Some of the older items in the repository show him as author, I think as he may not have known who the author was when transferring them.  Is that correct @Bootie?