Jocks in the Wald

What follows will be my own befuddled musings on the Claymores Through Kleve campaign as I go along. Other forumites are welcome to share their own experiences.

First up you'll find that it is as much a mudbath, as bloodbath. And, of course that is an accurate reflection of how it was back in 1945. So if you want sunny days, with bone dry ground and long sight lines this wont be for you.

Just as a way of illustrating the murk ... 

JocksintheMire1.thumb.jpg.81beefaa7e2b99456ac0ef1228af87b0.jpg

If you listen carefully these Jocks are saying, "If that Sassenach Bastard wants us tae pose fer pictures, we want more drams, now!""  

On 3/5/2024 at 11:28 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

with this classic.

Ah Loch Lomond.  There's a great road along the west side (from memory, maybe @George MC can confirm) which we used to take on motorcycle camping trips quite a few years ago.  Beautiful place, although the scenery was probably not top priority for us at the time.  Might go back on my current bike (a KTM 890 Duke R with excellent modern technology ❤️).

Okay, I'm OT again...

Edited by Vacillator

6 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Ah Loch Lomond.  There's a great road along the west side (from memory, maybe @George MC can confirm) which we used to take on motorcycle camping trips quite a few years ago.  Beautiful place, although the scenery was probably not top priority for us at the time.  Might go back on my current bike (a KTM 890 Duke R with excellent modern technology ❤️).

Okay, I'm OT again...

From memory I think that you are right about that road. But, it's a very hazy memory as I've only been north of the border once. And that was in 1977. My USatian girlfriend likes Scotland so perhaps a return won't be far off.

Okeh, it's back to the mud of the Reichswald for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...