Churchill AVRE crew bug

If a Churchill AVRE is attached as a single vehicle, it will have a unified 6 man crew instead of the 3 man crew + the 3 man sapper/dismount team it's supposed to have, or with just a 3 man crew and no sapper/dismounts.

This bug manifests itself differently depending on the level at which the tank is attached. At lower levels (e.g. platoon level), it will be a 3 man crew tank with 3 empty slots for a sapper team which is missing. If attached higher up (e.g. squadron level), it'll be a unified 6 man crew.

3 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

AFAIK single vehicle purchases are always a single unit with a single icon. Making it a set of two units would go against how the 'single vehicle' system was prepared.

I can see how it would be complicated to get working in regards to the 3 crew + 3 sapper dismounts arrangement, but that still leaves the issue of the overcrewed AVRE tanks which come with a 6 man crew, leaving no room for the sapper dismounts.

13 minutes ago, Anthony P. said:

I can see how it would be complicated to get working in regards to the 3 crew + 3 sapper dismounts arrangement, but that still leaves the issue of the overcrewed AVRE tanks which come with a 6 man crew, leaving no room for the sapper dismounts.

Yes I noticed that too. Would maybe be better to have a default crew of three?

An AVRE with a 3-man crew is a one shot weapon because there is no one to reload the petard mortar. The 6-man unified crew was a deliberate choice to ensure a fully-functional vehicle without having to buy a separate unit.

12 hours ago, Vanir Ausf B said:

An AVRE with a 3-man crew is a one shot weapon because there is no one to reload the petard mortar. The 6-man unified crew was a deliberate choice to ensure a fully-functional vehicle without having to buy a separate unit.

In that case I guess it's the other way around, the AVRE at lower unit levels is bugged since it indeed comes with only a 3 man crew and nothing more.

5 hours ago, Anthony P. said:

In that case I guess it's the other way around, the AVRE at lower unit levels is bugged since it indeed comes with only a 3 man crew and nothing more.

That probably would be a bug, but I can't reproduce it. Every time I add an AVRE to a section/platoon it has 6 men.

no.thumb.png.6f9d778937629cdce018347f886e5b44.png