Can’t Activate CMFB Downfall or login for Ticket

Elvis, as one grieving Eagle fan to another, please help! 

I bought Downfall, got the email with activation code. On an iPad, clicked on the “Use the Activate New Product” link, nothing happens.

Logged in to Battlefront on Windows 10 desktop, go to Orders page and the Downfall purchase, copy the.activation code, then click on the “No download, use new product” link. Goes to a page saying only “ Forbidden”. Tried on two browsers, Edge and Firefox.

Next went to my FB install folder and clicked on that Activate New product link, entered Downfall code, but as I expected, it only shows base game FB activation success.

Lastly, tried to open a ticket, but the login fails. Different login required than for Forum/Store? My info works here and for my account.

What am I doing wrong? 

Edited by NamEndedAllen

I assume you downloaded the installer then went through the installation process. When I did that the installer refused to install the module til I did the 'Run As Administrator' thing. For me the problem started with the installer, selecting 'Run As Administrator worked. I should mention I was the only person on the team with this issue. Everyone else had no problem.

If you purchased through Steam you may need others to help you.

Edited by MikeyD

Thanks! Youre not talking about the base game, right? Did you mean right click on the link in the email or the Battlefront account page? There is no installer for Downfall, just a code to enter. Somehow!Mikey, please excuse my ignorance! AFAIK, I don’t have an installer, at least the email and account page say that…the instruction is to use the “New Product Activation utility”. No installer or exe present for the new module, “Downfall.” Or have I somehow misunderstood the instructions? Both the email and the Account page have links, but no installers. 

To have the 'downfall' module you need to download the version 2.10 installer from the patches page on the battlefront web site. Once downloaded unzip the file and run the installer, after installation you will have final blitzkrieg base game v2.10 (check version on the start screen). Quit the game and look for the 'activate new product' icon (should have been placed on your desktop) run this and it will prompt you to input the activation key (copy and paste this from the 'my orders' page on the battlefront website) if it works correctly it will say 'successful activation' . launch game and you will see the 'downfall' icon (bottom left on start screen) then, happy gaming!

Note: the login details for the store are different to that of the forum. If you have lost the store details then contact Elvis he should be able to help.

Note 2: Above steps are for windows system, no idea about mac procedure.

On 1/26/2024 at 2:58 AM, Lieutenant Ash said:

To have the 'downfall' module you need to download the version 2.10 installer from the patches page on the battlefront web site. Once downloaded unzip the file and run the installer, after installation you will have final blitzkrieg base game v2.10 (check version on the start screen). Quit the game and look for the 'activate new product' icon (should have been placed on your desktop) run this and it will prompt you to input the activation key (copy and paste this from the 'my orders' page on the battlefront website) if it works correctly it will say 'successful activation' . launch game and you will see the 'downfall' icon (bottom left on start screen) then, happy gaming!

Note: the login details for the store are different to that of the forum. If you have lost the store details then contact Elvis he should be able to help.

Note 2: Above steps are for windows system, no idea about mac procedure.

Thanks very much for this clear explanation. I had apparently missed this step in any instructions. I think the announcement said the patch came along with the module, so I didn’t look any further into the patch information. Your reply is much appreciated. Perhaps in the future the purchase notification email itself could specify this requirement. Unless of course…I missed it! 

On 1/26/2024 at 4:29 PM, Lieutenant Ash said:

In my opinion the 'no download required' statement can be misleading, that only works if you have the latest game version already installed.

+1

It didn't catch me out, but it isn't the clearest of clear.