Bridge Over River Kall Issues

Currently playing CMFB ver 2.03 which I purchased through Battlefront.  Years ago remember playing this scenario several times as a nail-biter.  Last summer had to wipe/reinstall Win10 (sigh) and reloaded all my CM2 games and applied latest updates.  Saw this game on The Scenario Depot III and downloaded it into Scenarios (as usual).  All other scenarios work fine but this one has issues.  Playing US, for the entire 20 min length of scenario, except for initial mortar barrage from Germans, the Germans just sit there in setup zone and do not move the whole scenario.  Played both turn-based and real-time and get same results.  Deleted that scenario and put it back in in case there was a corruption issue when I copied it, but no joy.  Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, glilley said:

Currently playing CMFB ver 2.03 which I purchased through Battlefront.  Years ago remember playing this scenario several times as a nail-biter.  Last summer had to wipe/reinstall Win10 (sigh) and reloaded all my CM2 games and applied latest updates.  Saw this game on The Scenario Depot III and downloaded it into Scenarios (as usual).  All other scenarios work fine but this one has issues.  Playing US, for the entire 20 min length of scenario, except for initial mortar barrage from Germans, the Germans just sit there in setup zone and do not move the whole scenario.  Played both turn-based and real-time and get same results.  Deleted that scenario and put it back in in case there was a corruption issue when I copied it, but no joy.  Any thoughts?

According to its description on The Scenario Depot that scenario was created to be played single player as the Germans.  As such, there probably is no AI plan for the Germans since they're supposed to be player controlled.

"Your Windhund Aufklarungs Zug goes in on foot to try and rip this key bridge from the enemy’s grasp" is its description.  Plus, it does state that it's Best Played as Side One [Germans] vs the AI [USA].

Edited by Myles Keogh

Posted (edited)

Ahh - looking at the file info at Scenario Depot it is played German vs AI.  I swear that when I first played it years ago you could play either side vs AI (I mean, it did it as US vs AI).  Was this originally a stock scenario that I missed somehow when I reinstalled the game?

Edit - Looking at Leslie Software site it appears that it was a stock scenario - I must have overwritten it when I brought in the one from Scenario Depot. Bummer.

Edited by glilley