French 75mm Target Designations

These are notes as to where to shoot enemy tanks with your Sherman 75mm.

cc9d4dc67e894fee9d6e678210b4db19.thumb.jpeg.eed444283b325f1cffaff39a67562e1b.jpeg

Not sure on all the French to English translations.  What does NON mean?  Don't shoot it there?

Edited by Probus

• Probus changed the title to French 75mm Target Designations
On 1/5/2024 at 3:05 AM, Probus said:

These are notes as to where to shoot enemy tanks with your Sherman 75mm.

cc9d4dc67e894fee9d6e678210b4db19.thumb.jpeg.eed444283b325f1cffaff39a67562e1b.jpeg

Not sure on all the French to English translations.  What does NON mean?  Don't shoot it there?

Translation for those who need it:

"Performation en mètres" = Penetration in meters (I understand this value as the distance up to which the area can be penetrated)

"Performation en yards" = Penetration in yards (you had guesses this one… 😉)

"Nota: ces chiffres décroissent avec l'inclinaison de paroi" = "these values decrease because of the armor angle"

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Centurian52 said:

I don't suppose anyone can make out the numbers?

I tried to visit the site where Probus got the document but was inundated with security warnings.

And then I thought, in any case I let my CM gunners aim where they like.  Which is the centre of the target I think?  I have no control over that.