F&R Night at the Opera branching campaign

ehbuh

Just completed the axis side of the Night at the Opera campaign. Ended up with a campaign draw after getting a close draw on the 1st mission and a total victory on the 2nd.

the 2nd mission's briefing talked about a break-out attempt if the volksstrum held the edge of the city but my campaign ended after that to my disappointment.

Anyone else gotten that far know if there are branching missions here like in some other campaigns? or just the two?

On 12/6/2023 at 6:11 PM, ehbuh said:

Just completed the axis side of the Night at the Opera campaign. Ended up with a campaign draw after getting a close draw on the 1st mission and a total victory on the 2nd.

@George MC@Ithikial_AU

A campaign draw??? How possible? I thought it was only possible to end a campaign with all degrees of victory or defeat, but not a draw!

I mean, there is a text for a win or a loss in the header, but nothing for a dra?!

/* Campaign Header */
[PLAYER FORCE] Blue
[HUMAN OPPONENT ALLOWED] no
[BLUE VICTORY TEXT] Victory
[BLUE DEFEAT TEXT] Sadness
[RED VICTORY TEXT] unknown

[RED DEFEAT TEXT] unknown

And in the last battle, you can certainly put a "_draw" instead of "_total victory" or "-tactical defeat" as below, but does it work?

/* Battle #3 */
[BATTLE NAME] ACRDV3
[WIN THRESHOLD] minor victory
[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] _total victory
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] _tactical defeat

[BLUE REFIT %] 0
[BLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 0
[BLUE REST %] 0
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 0

4 hours ago, PEB14 said:

@George MC@Ithikial_AU

A campaign draw??? How possible? I thought it was only possible to end a campaign with all degrees of victory or defeat, but not a draw!

I mean, there is a text for a win or a loss in the header, but nothing for a dra?!

/* Campaign Header */
[PLAYER FORCE] Blue
[HUMAN OPPONENT ALLOWED] no
[BLUE VICTORY TEXT] Victory
[BLUE DEFEAT TEXT] Sadness
[RED VICTORY TEXT] unknown

[RED DEFEAT TEXT] unknown

And in the last battle, you can certainly put a "_draw" instead of "_total victory" or "-tactical defeat" as below, but does it work?

/* Battle #3 */
[BATTLE NAME] ACRDV3
[WIN THRESHOLD] minor victory
[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] _total victory
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] _tactical defeat

[BLUE REFIT %] 0
[BLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 0
[BLUE REST %] 0
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 0

99% sure it was a draw of some kind at the end. Never saw it before either. Said something about me going off to Siberia unfortunately

It's two scenarios. No branching, as the operational situation is a foregone conclusion - The breakout was an impossibility, beyond very tiny groups. Playable from either side.

I didn't change anything to create a "Draw" in the file, but you could potentially change the language to a certain point in the campaign file.

17 hours ago, benpark said:

It's two scenarios. No branching, as the operational situation is a foregone conclusion - The breakout was an impossibility, beyond very tiny groups. Playable from either side.

I didn't change anything to create a "Draw" in the file, but you could potentially change the language to a certain point in the campaign file.

OK I see the point. Thank you.