Russian Air Support Bug??

Shady_Side

Hey guys I have just noticed the my Air Controllers only have point target available when calling in Russian air. It does not matter if it is jets or choppers or ammo loadout. I don't usually use air when I am playing the Russians. I think I remember using them a while back and it worked like all the others do in all the titles. So is this a bug?

I just fired up a quick battle for testing. My US and soviet controllers could place a point and area target with any air support they had available at that time (jets and choppers).

I even checked a scenario with airsupport in it but it was the same.

Which version of the game are you running ?

I don´t use CAS very often but wasn´t there even a "line" target at some point ? I could be wrong at that.

Thanks. I contacted Elvis about it and sent him a saved game turn Friday. He said he would look at it and get back to me. To answer your questions. My understanding as always been that air support can be preplanned anywhere during deployment. After that to call in jets the spotter has to have line of sight or a TRP. To call in choppers the spotter still does not need LOS to call an area target mission in. This is how my US spotters work and how my Russians did when I first bought the game. It is also how all other nations work in all other titles. I know that drones in CMBS have a linear target mode but I am not certain if CAS used to have that available or not. I rarely use CAS so I am not sure when my Russians changed but I have the game on steam so I should be up to date on everything.

• 2 weeks later...

So I´ve compared the BFC version with the Steam one and there is no difference in that.

However you do have only a point target available in nighttime, while in daytime you have both options: area and point target.

In CMBS and CMFI you do have both target options available in nighttime, so I doubt that this would be a feature of some sort.

@BFCElvis Do you have anything to say about why that is or maybe set it on the buglist of BFC ? 🤔

17 hours ago, Brille said:

So I´ve compared the BFC version with the Steam one and there is no difference in that.

However you do have only a point target available in nighttime, while in daytime you have both options: area and point target.

In CMBS and CMFI you do have both target options available in nighttime, so I doubt that this would be a feature of some sort.

@BFCElvis Do you have anything to say about why that is or maybe set it on the buglist of BFC ? 🤔

I have been trying to confirm what Sgt Joch has said. That it is intentional.