Problem with white wash vehicles

Not all from the same Type or different types?

In the first case there are not enough snow-bmp-files for the existing variants.

e.g. you have panzerIV-turrest.bmp, panzerIV-turrest 2.bmp and panzerIV-turrest 3.bmp and only panzerIV-turrest [whitewashed].bmp or panzerIV-turrest [sbow].bmp and no panzerIV-turrest 2 [whitewashed].bmp etcetc...

1 hour ago, waffelmann said:

Not all from the same Type or different types?

In the first case there are not enough snow-bmp-files for the existing variants.

e.g. you have panzerIV-turrest.bmp, panzerIV-turrest 2.bmp and panzerIV-turrest 3.bmp and only panzerIV-turrest [whitewashed].bmp or panzerIV-turrest [sbow].bmp and no panzerIV-turrest 2 [whitewashed].bmp etcetc...

@Waffelmann, the point is that it worked before. Now for instance some of the 251s don't have whitewash. Very strange.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

mess with the month

Doesn't help, Phil. I can use the whitewash modtag, that works, but that way I can't use that lovely 88 mm Flak with winter camo you made for me some time ago. Can't live without that mod anymore. Strange thing is that even with the whitewash modtag, not all vehicles have whitewash. Even more peculiar is that some 251's (same version) have whitewash, some don't.

Edited by Aragorn2002

7 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Doesn't help, Phil.

ooops. I misread. I thought you saw NO whitewash.

Please post some screenshots of these SAME EXACT VERSION 251's with some whitey and some not whitey.

Also, what vehicle mods do you have in z for the 251's?

I THINK if you have multiple 251 regular non-modtagged hull bmp files hull, hull 2, hull 3 etc. AND THEN SUMMON the whitewash modtag BUT don't have modtagged hulls to match all your others, maybe it summons the non-modtagged to fill the "set of available file numbers". I see this when I mod a helmet. I fulfill the stock number of files but thne some forumite has a bunch of extras numbered HIGHER than stock and they end up pulled in.

Newsflash. With regard to the 251s I found the problem. Some time ago I installed the mod for the 251 gunner. That mod includes normal camo for all 251s. So that's one problem solved.

I wonder whether I can install just the ZZ_Extras, to lower the 251 gunner.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

mess with the month

Phil. I found out that January 1945/Germany with the whitewash modtag in place works. But as I said, the downside is that I can't use the 88mm Flak winter mod you made for me some time ago. Is there any way to bypass that? Perhaps another modtag or adjusting the whitewash modtag?

For everyone who missed that superb mod. It can be found here. For me it's a must have.

Edited by Aragorn2002

27 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

I just tested the mod on myself and it works.
Since Kohlenklau is very clever in using both snow and whitewahed as the tag, the texture should always show up in light snow.
What does the Pak look like in 1945, January, light snow?

It is the standard rather boring white, as included in the game. 

btw Waffelmann, it is the Flak 36 88mm, not the Pak.

Edited by Aragorn2002

16 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

t is the standard rather boring white, as included in the game. 

btw Waffelmann, it is the Flak 36 88mm, not the Pak.

May I make a suggestion?

Create a zzzzz folder in the z directory and then put the Kohlenklau mod files there?

And then see how it looks in game?

(A FLAK used as a PAK 😉)

8 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

May I make a suggestion?

Create a zzzzz folder in the z directory and then put the Kohlenklau mod files there?

And then see how it looks in game?

(A FLAK used as a PAK 😉)

Already tried that, Waffelmann, but Phil's mod is 'overruled' by the whitewash modtag.

Edited by Aragorn2002

27 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Already tried that, Waffelmann, but Phil's mod is 'overruled' by the whitewash modtag.

Strange, because Phil also included a file with whitewash-Tag in the mod. You have 3 files for the mod?
"white wash". "snow" and "whitewash snow"?

Are there any other flak36 files in the Z folder?

5 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

Strange, because Phil also included a file with whitewash-Tag in the mod. You have 3 files for the mod?
"white wash". "snow" and "whitewash snow"?

Are there any other flak36 files in the Z folder?

I haven't whitewash snow. That may be my problem!