A "How to?" Question. Sudden end to scenario.

WimO

If anyone can help ...

There are two ways that scenarios end. The first is when time runs out even if the opponent's troops have been wiped out five minutes earlier. The second is the sudden collapse of the enemy force even if there are still good condition enemy troops on the  map.

As a scenario creator, I want to know how to make the second ending happen. What parameters or unit characteristics do I need to set to make a scenario end when one side has had enough before time runs out?

For example, I am working on a scenario where the Germans are attacking the British 7th Parachute Battalion in Bénouville on D-Day. But the Germans are not too enthusiastic in the first attempt so I want the scenario to end before the Germans are wiped out to simulate the fact that they have pulled back. What paraameters/conditions/characteristics do I need to set?

I have never been able to figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Make sure the axis side has no remaining non-arrived reinforcements.

2. My 2 cent idea. Since this is the typical airborne arrived in the enemy's midst...set the axis escape direction to be towards the main area of allies. This might compound their sense of desperation and get Jerry to throw in the towel.

I am playing the CMBN campaign "Road to Nijmegen" cooperatively with a buddy. In some of the scenarios we seem to be losing but then suddenly, the game ends and we have a Total Victory. There are still Germans on the map and some of them are still in good order. But they have given up the fight. How does this happen? This is what I want to be able to set up without programming an AI withdrawal.

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

1. unpack the campaign and do an analysis

Did unpack and look at the params for both sides as well as unit quality values and truth be told, I don't know if they had an effect. Will  need to study a bit more.

I'm guessing that RANDOM plays a part here...Some particular soft factor or other settings might influence the likelyhood of surrender (i don't know what thoose are...) but i doubt that the surrendering enemies will play out in the same way every time you play a scenario...

Unless - as was discovered in another thread 

- troop quality is set to fanatical, the AI will auto-surrender when about 65% of casualties are suffered which is possibly the set of circumstances that you discovered in the Road to Nijmegen Campaign.  To achieve your desired effect you may need to add reinforcements that never arrive or orchestrate the AI plan to ensure that the Germans hit that 65% figure.