Quantum tunnelling?

In Combat Mission you can even observe incredible quantum mechanics effect, like the well-know quantum tunnelling or tunnel effect. Just observe this poor Tommy, who was taken under an artillery barrage from his own side, and who flees this very poor situation.

captur46.png

He's trapped in a small courtyard, so he runs towards the corner of the house…

captur45.png

The same house seen from the street. Tightly enclosed between two bocage hedges. No way out. No trick!!!

captur47.png

Pushed by his will for survival, Tommy enters the house through the window. But now he faces an impassable wall… So what does he do? He summons Heisenberg, Schrödinger and Born, and…

captur48.png

The miracle happens: he crosses the wall and evades in the street! 🥳

Not bad, is it? 😎

• 2 weeks later...

It's unfortunately an enduring problem with these games that the graphics don't always match up with what's actually there. So you get situations where troops can walk though walls like in your example, or the other way around - that they can't enter through doors that are clearly visible.

Well CM sometimes have some odd "geographic occurances". I once had it to that even a tank clipped though a building while traversing the landscape. 

Or one time at the scenario Riva Ridge in CMFI : I was about to clear a trench with my germans. I took on the Brazilians in close quarter and got them pretty good but one of them refused to die. 

And that was not in a heroic kind of way by any means. He just couldn't die because my troops couldn't hit him while he was cowering. My men fired for more than 2 turns at ranges under 8m so there was hardly any luck involved on his part. 

I guess his hit box sunk into the ground a bit so the game could not register a "hit". 

The germans had to push on and leave him for a bit. He backstabed 2 of my soldiers as he recovered but as he was upright now, the other germans killed him for good this time. 😅

Edited by Brille