XO and Ops Teams

14 minutes ago, kb6583 said:

Follow-up to the just submitted previous email. What good are they? They do not seem to seem to be involved in command functions at all. Am I wrong?

IIRC they take the C2 lead if the unit's HQ becomes casualty. Again IIRC they are fully assimilated to HQ and call for indirect fire. But they're not supposed to be frontline troops…

1 hour ago, PEB14 said:

IIRC they take the C2 lead if the unit's HQ becomes casualty. Again IIRC they are fully assimilated to HQ and call for indirect fire. But they're not supposed to be frontline troops…

I think that's all correct, although mine usually seem to end up in the front lines as extra guns due to my inept handling of the proper front line troops.

6 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I think that's all correct, although mine usually seem to end up in the front lines as extra guns due to my inept handling of the proper front line troops.

Well if we happen to fight a PBEM together, we already know the final round: XO vs. XO fighting for the last VP… 😁

2 hours ago, PEB14 said:

Yes, when the HQ unit dies (might just be the leader himself of the HQ, not sure actually) then the XO unit will change from a normal soldier icon to a flag - representing the new HQ

8 hours ago, Artkin said:

Yes, when the HQ unit dies (might just be the leader himself of the HQ, not sure actually) then the XO unit will change from a normal soldier icon to a flag - representing the new HQ

I didn't notice the icon change! Thanks for pointing out!

10 hours ago, PEB14 said:

you mean that I must beat Phil before being allowed to face you

No, I only meant that as you're currently playing Phil you might want to beat him first 😉.  I've had mixed results against Phil, but always in battles he has produced so for the losses I console myself that he always has prior knowledge.  It's a good excuse I think.  And it's definitely nothing to do with @kohlenklau having at least a decade head start on me for CM (probably more). 

Anyway hi Phil when your read this my friend 😀.