A question about mods

If I remember correctly, there was a UI mod that displayed little pictures of the flavor objects in the boxes instead of the generic numbers. Is this a real thing and if so, where can I find it? It's pretty tough placing flavor objects without them. I've searched both the Scenario Depots and these boards for posts about such a mod but get nothing.

On the topic of mods, I believe there's a HQ Flames mod available? I can't see it anywhere either.

6 hours ago, Paper Tiger said:

If I remember correctly, there was a UI mod that displayed little pictures of the flavor objects in the boxes instead of the generic numbers. Is this a real thing and if so, where can I find it? It's pretty tough placing flavor objects without them. I've searched both the Scenario Depots and these boards for posts about such a mod but get nothing.

As far as I understand the text/font/script system, such a mod would be impossible however I think you might be remembering this pdf files image...

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=6139

Still, mods can be useful for scenario editing from time to time. I remember once needing to look under some forest tiles, so I alpha'ed away the tree tiles allowing me to better see the terrain tiles.

EDIT: Oh crap, this is THE Paper Tiger. I just embarrassed myself by giving cooking tips to a chef. My pardon!

Because of this very hassle with numbers versus little images, one thing I usually do as a habit is to lay down all the options for a particular flavor object on my map in the pattern of the offered options some place convenient.

Like the telephone poles

1    2   3

or

1  2  3

etc.

Then I can see I want number 3 for this map, I can clone the one I want, adjust delete etc.

Edited by kohlenklau

10 hours ago, 37mm said:

As far as I understand the text/font/script system, such a mod would be impossible however I think you might be remembering this pdf files image...

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=6139

Still, mods can be useful for scenario editing from time to time. I remember once needing to look under some forest tiles, so I alpha'ed away the tree tiles allowing me to better see the terrain tiles.

Ah yes, that's what I remember. Thanks for that. It will be very helpful and save me a lot of time. I've greatly expanded some of the maps I'm using for my USMC project and I'll have to populate these 'empty' sites with flavour objects. At the moment, while I'm relearning, I'm just putting down one of everything and choosing the one I want and duplicating it which takes a lot of time.

10 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

EDIT: Oh crap, this is THE Paper Tiger. I just embarrassed myself by giving cooking tips to a chef. My pardon!

Because of this very hassle with numbers versus little images, one thing I usually do as a habit is to lay down all the options for a particular flavor object on my map in the pattern of the offered options some place convenient.

Like the telephone poles

1    2   3

or

1  2  3

etc.

Then I can see I want number 3 for this map, I can clone the one I want, adjust delete etc.

No worries. :D While I'm not exactly a noob when it comes to the editor, I'm in the process of relearning everything, for example, how to get mods to work, etc - the simple things that once were second nature to me. I'm still accidentally making selected units reinforcements instead of placing them in an AI group for example. Of course I can see the mistake instantly and correct it but it's still not quite automatic with me yet.

I've gotten into my stride with creating AI plans like before: it just came back to me last week - the old fashioned way that suits an old dude like me best, paper, pen, in and out of the editor to place units etc, and building it up that way.