Is the small German 50mm mortar in CMFI somewhere?

As far as I know they were out of service by the time any CMx2 game takes place...

A quick search on the net also confirms this: Starting in 1942 they were withdrawn from frontline service due to their insufficiant effects on the battlefield.

They were used however by occupation forces till the end of the war.

I like to play the brits with their 51mm mortars. They are more reliable to hit anything and have a wider range in comparison to rifle grenades....maybe a bit to low on he rounds.

So I would like to have a german counterpart. :)

That´s another reason more to finally give us some early war games or modules !!! 😆

They are in CMRT as a purchasable "Light Mortar Team" but it is confusing that the Fallschirmjägers ALSO have what is "called" a light mortar but that is actually an 81mm mortar where they cut part of the barrel off to make it lightER. 

It is odd that this grw36 50mm mortar shows up in CMFI brz file v210a in the weapons folder which came with Rome to Victory final module. It could be tucked in an obscure TOE but NOT be purchasable by itself. OR maybe it is triggered to appear when you select poor quality for unit.

43 minutes ago, Brille said:

As far as I know they were out of service by the time any CMx2 game takes place...

A quick search on the net also confirms this: Starting in 1942 they were withdrawn from frontline service due to their insufficiant effects on the battlefield.

They're available, IIRC, in the late CMBN timeframe, when the second-line German units (Kriegsmarine etc) start showing up. Not sure exactly which TO&Es have them, but they're there.

2 hours ago, womble said:

They're available, IIRC, in the late CMBN timeframe, when the second-line German units (Kriegsmarine etc) start showing up. Not sure exactly which TO&Es have them, but they're there.

Good news, thank you! Never noticed them. .. May be because I play rarely with second line infantry.  🤔

6 hours ago, Brille said:

Very strange if one considers the versatility of the 60mm mortar, one of the most powerful infantry weapon of CM-WW2!

6 hours ago, Brille said:

That´s another reason more to finally give us some early war games or modules !!! 😆

👍