HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

23 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Reduce the size of the Crusader iii or the Cromwell from cmbn and you have already a good silhouette !

Just adjust the correct size gun from a Humber or Daimler or whatever medium size and you are ready 

You make it sound easy! hahaha

The hull should be obtainable from the CMBN Crusader AA tank. Different number of roadwheels. I have not had good luck messing with roadwheels.

But the turret is more difficult since this tank had very distinctive angles on the sides.

The host will be the Daimler MkII. 

Gotta do what I gotta do.

Edited by kohlenklau

11 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

You make it sound easy! hahaha

The hull should be obtainable from the CMBN Crusader AA tank. Different number of roadwheels. I have not had good luck messing with roadwheels.

But the turret is more difficult since this tank had very distinctive angles on the sides.

The host will be the Daimler MkII. 

Gotta do what I gotta do.

because I am laughing a lot I can have a try !

just to laughting more, when you are laughting about yourself this dont make you so much pain 😆

Another try but I think the worker was drunk ! 😆

...with two good reliable wheels and an impeccable track tension it works
joke !
it does not come from the axles but from the wheels or the driver forgot some bolts...

37 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

When I was trying to make the PzKfw I, the same thing happened. I slightly moved the roadwheels and they went bonkers. I couldn't figure it out so I went a different route.

“We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air and in our computer too..."

Edited by JM Stuff

I got some free STL files for 3D printing tiny models for tabletop gaming. British early war tanks. I will use them as the pattern for the distinctive Cruiser A13 MkIV turret.

I also decided I will not try to reduce roadwheels from 5 to 4. I don't know how to make that adjustment. But I am trying to change the shape of the roadwheels a bit.

One good thing..*If* I do get this done I can also use the A13 for North Afrika.

27 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I got some free STL files for 3D printing tiny models for tabletop gaming. British early war tanks. I will use them as the pattern for the distinctive Cruiser A13 MkIV turret.

I also decided I will not try to reduce roadwheels from 5 to 4. I don't know how to make that adjustment. But I am trying to change the shape of the roadwheels a bit.

One good thing..*If* I do get this done I can also use the A13 for North Afrika.

I was trying to find the "mistakes" of wheels but untill now nothing, if you need some 3d models I have a lot let me know the one that can help you, also the style is important, like obj, you can sometimes converts some but the others one are very difficults to be converted, and dont talk about converting it in mdr...sometimes is the hell, anyway in case, you know where you can find me.

Edit Stl are basics obj or fbx are better but have more meshes a lot of !

Good luck !

Edited by JM Stuff

Cup of coffee in hand I spent some time on the hull and roadwheels in Blender and GiMP. I modified the mesh of the wheels to look more A13 like and ditched the lights and antenna. The wheels function properly in tests. I did start the camo job and added some initial markings. Maybe tomorrow the turret.

247-in-prog.png

248-in-prog.png

This first one is my attempt to "fake lobster" the A13 Cruiser MK.III into the CMFI BEF1940 MOD.

It doesn't have the sloped armor add on turret of the A13 Cruiser MK.IV. 

I read last night that my color scheme was the standard called "G.3/G.4" based on the British Army color codes.

I think I picked the correct colors. Or should I say, correct colours? You bloody wankers!

I will try to add a cupola. A few other little tasks. I feel; like I am building a model. I better open a window the glue is getting me light headed.

I will do some stuff to make it better but disregard other things. For example, I DID relocate the smoke grenade launchers from the original mantlet area to the right side turret. But I am gonna not worry about editing the gun and coax MG relationship and shape. 

R-27.jpg 

3.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

14 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

How goes it in Blighty?

All good thanks.

I've been keeping an eye on your work (except for the dining room) and it is excellent as usual.

As for a PBEM let's see.  I'm in 3 currently, with another that I'm being so slow to set up that my friend Chris is likely to de-friend me.  Had little time for CM so far this weekend so will try to get back to any of these that are waiting for me this evening.

I also need to play Pierre at some point, but I'm sure you and I could also do one for publicity purposes 😉.