Any map modders have a moment to help?

cbennett88

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I have done wrong on the objectives for a QB map. I found the map online from a another site. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to contact the modder who uploaded them.

It's a large map in CMBS (called "pelis QB Two Towns") that he created with two towns as objectives.

What I did in the editor was to add several more "occupy" objectives to the map. While in editor, ALL the objectives appear just fine. However...as soon as I play a game on the map, it reverts to just the original 2 objectives.

All the new setup zones that I added to the map appear just fine, so some of my changes are working.

It is only the attacker objectives that will not show. There should be 5 attacker objectives TOTAL...2 at the map edge to simulate exiting...and 3 terrain objectives.

For the defender there are 2 terrain objectives (Juliette and November)...and a mission objective to destroy >70% of the attacking force.

Would appreciate anyone's input...  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktezgryfgr75bxg/pelis custom map attack with far side touch objectives.btt?dl=0

41 minutes ago, cbennett88 said:

Yup...thought of this. Made sure they are set to be visible to both. And...have test played as both sides to be sure it wasn't set to one or the other. 

I just loaded it up in CMBS and it works ingame for me. Weird. I see three occupy objectives and two exits

TisPrQ.png

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

Weird. I see three occupy objectives and two exits

Question...did you load it in the Editor...or load it as a QB?

Because when I (or my opponent) loads it in the editor, everything is as it should be (3 occupy + 2 exits). But...once it is used in a QB all of those disappear.

2 hours ago, cbennett88 said:

Question...did you load it in the Editor...or load it as a QB?

Because when I (or my opponent) loads it in the editor, everything is as it should be (3 occupy + 2 exits). But...once it is used in a QB all of those disappear.

Wow real strange. It works fine as a scenario but as a QB the objectives don't show.

2 minutes ago, cbennett88 said:

I have been combing various websites devoted to Combat Mission for answers... No luck. Everyone is usually talking about problems with QB's with AI units for solo play. 😧

This looks like a bug, but maybe I'm missing something. The map is originally from CMRT F&R expansion and it was ported to CMBS (Not a straightforward process for these particular maps) by finding troublesome independent buildings and deleting them.

QBs only recognise occupy objectives ... the manual explains this ...

502048172_QBObjectives.jpg.aa925c292c38f0dd878adf8919e5f7d8.jpg

So the exit objectives could be the problem here given firstly the occupy thing plus the casualty calculation thing.  Although not stated in the manual, I am pretty sure that you cannot have asymmetric objectives in QBs; however, over the years in picking at the problem I have tried and failed to understand how to put a decent QB together.  @benparkknows a thing or two about these so he might be able to offer some grown-up advice.

21 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

QBs only recognise occupy objectives ... the manual explains this ...

Yes...in my search through the forums I had found where you had explained all this to someone earlier. So I tried both, but no success.

I changed all the objectives to "occupy"...but the label still says "Exit1 or Exit 2" b/c I felt it went better with the attacker's mission briefing.

And...I changed all the points to conform with the 1000 pts split as listed by someone in another post. Something like 650/350 terrain vs casualties for attacks, etc. 

I appreciate your all your advice! And...I will take it and contact @benpark to see if he has any further ideas...