Per Steve of Battlefront: CMCW - move the timeline forward and some other fun stuff

Sequoia

Hello,

I'm assuming the decision to move the timeline forward was made by the Cold War Family developers, from whom the game is a passion project, and not by the Battlefront owners.

The game wouldn't exist without these guys, so I trust and support their decision, though I was looking forward to playing with the Bundeswehr sooner rather than later. All things come to those who wait, but I'm hoping to coax some behind the scenes decision making as to why this path was chosen.  In board wargaming 1985 seems to be a prominent year for the balloon to go up, possibly influenced by the John Hackett book.  

14 minutes ago, JMDECC said:

I wasn't sure if Steve's comment meant that the games timeline would increase beyond 82' or if he simply meant that work/release of new module had been moved up. 

I am okay with either! 

Steve alluded to moving it up a year so a couple new pieces of NATO equipment would be available. That's what I hope at least. 

I mentioned in the 2022 Preview thread but to the people that want to play 1989. Just play Black Sea or SF2 if you want to sit an Abrams on a hill and blast everything before it can get a spot.

Edited by Simcoe

36 minutes ago, Dr.Fusselpulli said:

Are we going unthinkable backwards? I don't really think this will happen, but great choice, looking forward to it.

No, that would basically be an entirely new game.  Think Bee Gees at their disco apex, Beatles had already broken up and formed whatever the gawd awful stuff they did later was....Wings?! 

On 2/1/2023 at 4:44 AM, Simcoe said:

Steve alluded to moving it up a year so a couple new pieces of NATO equipment would be available. That's what I hope at least. 

I mentioned in the 2022 Preview thread but to the people that want to play 1989. Just play Black Sea or SF2 if you want to sit an Abrams on a hill and blast everything before it can get a spot.

But I want to shoot them (Abrams) with T-80U and T-64/72/80 B's with Kontakt