Beutepanzer

sinclair1

Hello everyone, in all these years of CM no one has ever thought of producing mods of the "Beutepanzer" (Vehicles captured by the Germans), yet they have participated in many campaigns and battles on all fronts and in many units of the Wermacht, SS and not only in the course of the Second World War. In the case of our CM games : CMRT ( T-34/76 ED 85,SU-85,and many others) CMFB/CMBN (many types of M4 Sherman Usa&UK, M8,etc) CMFI all vehicles captured by the Germans after Operation Achse Semoventi 75/18 and 47/32,Autoblinda AB41etc. In the CM community there are many amazing and very good modders, so what if some of them want to give it a try? I have a lot of material on this topic, however easily available on the net. Cheers

On 1/22/2023 at 12:27 PM, sinclair1 said:

in all these years of CM no one has ever thought of producing mods of the "Beutepanzer"

Not true. Empahsis on thought of and tried but not claiming it was satisfactorily accomplished

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/118887-operation-hercules-the-invasion-of-malta-wip/#comment-1595700

From 7 years ago...my ambitions always outraced my abilities.

Stil dorking around here and there to get stuff to line up better and weather it a bit. I ain't no Aris. Yo no soy un "Aris"! :D No puedo. No tengo el mojo.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y398/retiring2texas/Beutepanzer2_zpsyosqcuat.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

My opinion: for mdr swapping, you can go 2 ways which have their own + and -.

The @Suchy system is you go ahead and bring in the actual opposite side's weapon. Think of a water-cooled HMG being used by modded Hungarians in CMRT. Use the editor side switch trick to purchase it and bring it with a Soviet guards crew onto the axis side. Then you do get the actual performance of the weapon. You can use [guards] modtag to maybe get their uniforms looking like Hungarians. You then must decide to not worry to hear a little Russian.

The shell and host system is where you get the visual appearance of a beutepanzer T-34 over the actual internal workings of the PzIV. In this case you have a German crew and all is well there BUT you must accept the performance of the gun/turret rotation/ammo choices/etc. is slightly askew.

EDITORIAL: Many modders burn the midnight oil and put in so much labour of love. We're hamstrung. Think @NPye. But the actual BFC person with the keys to make awesome things happen seems to me to turn off the lights promptly at 5pm and head home. I suspect it is worse than that, as I think his BFC related efforts are extremely tight on an annual basis and he has a main job. He must be nearing age 65 to claim social security and maybe retire from that "main job" and might delve more into CM coding and new content for CMX3. My fantasy. Best wishes to him. This is not personal.

Edited by kohlenklau