Targeting vs Structures behind linear objects

I like most everything about CM...However, I have a problem with the fact that you can't Target a 1 Story Structure with your Inf/Vehicle because a small Hedge/Wall in in the way (thou, can target a multi-level structure)...Maybe one day this will be changed to some degree.

This feature/drawback has both its pros and cons imo. 😎

I used to hate this also but atleast a skilled map designer can use this fact to his advantage when designing maps to provide some very tricky challanges that would othervise not be the case...But i agree it seems weird at times not being able to target locations you ought to be able to fire at.

Today i kind of like it...and i don't like it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 8:26 PM, Glubokii Boy said:

I used to hate this also but atleast a skilled map designer can use this fact to his advantage when designing maps to provide some very tricky challanges that would othervise not be the case.

This is true, but personally I don't find this is the kind of challenge I enjoy. I prefer tactical challenges, not battling engine quirks and limitations.

Fortunately, many scenario designers are good at creating situations that are challenging without feeling "cheap".

On 12/28/2022 at 7:48 PM, JoMac said:

I like most everything about CM...However, I have a problem with the fact that you can't Target a 1 Story Structure with your Inf/Vehicle because a small Hedge/Wall in in the way (thou, can target a multi-level structure)...Maybe one day this will be changed to some degree.

It's a well known limitation. Best advice I can give is that in some situations, you can target the hedge in front of the building, and some of the shells will pass through to hit the building behind it. In city fighting, you can also target the ground in front of a house that you can't otherwise target, and some shells will overshoot and hit the building. Waste of ammo, yes, but can save the day in some situations.