Collection of late war German WWII source documents

1500032201_Gnezdilovo-OlkhovatkaSeptember1942.jpg.8a252980444a8d4a7c5fde2b471ab23a.jpg

If someone would like to read a compilation of both the German and Soviet documentations of the battle around Olkhovatka 15 - 17 September 1942, where the German 13 Army Corps was situated along the river Don, that is to be found here.

This pfd-file comes with the Bird Grove DLC for the Graviteam Tactics game Mius-Front.

If you are one of those "Combat mission fanboys" you obviously have the policy to never touch anything connected to Mius-Front.

That's ok with me.

@Panzerjaeger The file T-312 AOK Norwegen, are those the rolls to the Norwegians of the skijäger-Battalion or the ones of the Legion Norwegen?

Never mind. I download the files and look myself. Both groups of Norwegian volunteers are interesting anyway.

Edited by BornGinger

22 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

1500032201_Gnezdilovo-OlkhovatkaSeptember1942.jpg.8a252980444a8d4a7c5fde2b471ab23a.jpg

If someone would like to read a compilation of both the German and Soviet documentations of the battle around Olkhovatka 15 - 17 September 1942, where the German 13 Army Corps was situated along the river Don, that is to be found here.

This pfd-file comes with the Bird Grove DLC for the Graviteam Tactics game Mius-Front.

If you are one of those "Combat mission fanboys" you obviously have the policy to never touch anything connected to Mius-Front.

That's ok with me.

I will point out that Graviteam stuff  sucks imo. Would that be considered being a CM fanboy?

23 hours ago, BornGinger said:

That's ok with me.

@Panzerjaeger The file T-312 AOK Norwegen, are those the rolls to the Norwegians of the skijäger-Battalion or the ones of the Legion Norwegen?

Never mind. I download the files and look myself. Both groups of Norwegian volunteers are interesting anyway.

@BornGinger, The Skijäger-Battalion was a part of the 6. SS-Gebirgsdivision Nord while I think the Legion eventually became part of  the 11. SS-Panzergrenadierdivision Nordland as Regiment Norge.  If you are interested in the Skijäger-battalion I found a red Army report on the attack on heights Karpolat and Hasselman where the battalion was almost wiped out. Could be an interesting CM scenario someday 🙂 I have attached the translated report and the map.

Attack on Ski Battalion Norge.jpeg

Attack on Ski Battalion Norge June 44.docx

@Panserjeger It's a pity that you in T-312 Armee Abteilung Narwa Grasser don't have roll 1632 which is were the war diary is. And there is no war diary for the 20 SS-division either. I was hoping to find some more info about the fighting around the river Emajõgi in the Autumn 1944. I hope I can find those somewhere else for example on the jccalvin ftp-server.

Thank you for the stuff you have.

2 hours ago, BornGinger said:

@Panserjeger It's a pity that you in T-312 Armee Abteilung Narwa Grasser don't have roll 1632 which is were the war diary is. And there is no war diary for the 20 SS-division either. I was hoping to find some more info about the fighting around the river Emajõgi in the Autumn 1944. I hope I can find those somewhere else for example on the jccalvin ftp-server.

Thank you for the stuff you have.

@BornGinger I actually don´t know why I didn´t have that roll, it was available on the net. Have uploaded it now, thank you for the tip! 🙂

On 11/19/2022 at 4:11 PM, Blazing 88's said:

Would that be considered being a CM fanboy?

Aye, that's affirmative captain. 

Not that I'd agree or disagree, I haven't tried Graviteam enough to judge, although I do have Steel Fury Kharkov + Steel Tank Add-on). 

What do I play most of the time?  CM.  I am definitely a fanboy.

• 2 weeks later...