CMFI CMAK2 AFRIKA MODS EXPLOSION

@Andrew6850 recently shared to me a great map for Afrika. Alam El Halfa. She's a nice, big girl of a map. Thank you Andrew.

Starting this weekend I will play a Medium ME QB using it versus a buddy out in Scotland. He wanted the ME and he picked British mixed. I rolled a die and got Italians (also mixed). I will not do an intense DAR but will plop a few screenshots and comments here. It uses Pitbull's Italian uniforms and the sunhelmet mod I did back a ways.

Since it is a Meeting Engagement, I took license to add a center area oasis/well/mosque as the fictional objective...

355-in-prog.png

The AFRIKA PBEM has commenced.

A 1941 fictional battle to take the well at "Bir al Stella"...

I am the Italians of the Trento motorized division with a small pack of armour from the Ariete division.

116-reggimento-fanteria-motorizzato-1-di

I bought a balanced force with infantry, some mortars, the Italian recon vehicles (AA and AT version) and the platoon of three R-35 with 2 SPG,s (a 47 and a 75). 

We had a gentlemen's agreement of no Shermans for him and no 90mm ATG on my side.

356-in-prog.png

On my right I do have 2 Fiat trucks. The drivers have been toasted with vino in my HQ tent all afternoon. They have their trucks filled with an assault group to try and rush forward "...on wheels versus heels..." ! The assault group has had a couple pots of espresso. We'll see how this goes. 

Edited by kohlenklau

Chris gets first blood. A scout car with a .50 cal pegged one of my Sahariana AT wagon guys.

He is dropping smoke near the objective. Perhaps he has a Fast Group enroute...some Bren carriers or jeeps maybe?

My assault group disembarks from the Fiats...in a defilade position.

That one officer looks like he maybe dropped his St Christopher medal?

Sunhelmets look so great. @boygarvin 's uniforms are so awesome. aka pitbull. Thanks buddy.

357-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

Chris KO'd the HQ vehicle for my Sahariana boys. :(

The bum rush worked for leg 1. Leg 2 got peppered by a Vickers. Nobody in that Fiat is too "Viva! Viva!" right now...

He has infantry coming over the hills on my left. I have focused a bunch of direct fire at that area. Now I finally have some of the mortars in position...

My infantry are resting in the brush getting ready to make the dash to the objective. TIRED- - - >TIRING- - - >

This one squad allowed a guy to bring along his dear old Mom for cooking.

Here he is taking orders for lunch al fresco...

358-in-prog.png

Edited by kohlenklau

The HMG team is ordered forward to take position in the mosque.

9UerH2Z.png

Folks, the stands have come alive. Caporale Buffo is a local favorite where we broadcast outside of Trento.

GO BUFFO GO!

GO BUFFO GO!

Well folks, it looks rough for the hometown hero as his team has done a 180 and is headed away from the mosque. Worst yet, it seems the corporal has been mortally wounded.

WOrjws6.png

NO BUFFO NO!

NO BUFFO NO!

Edited by kohlenklau

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 3:32 AM, kohlenklau said:

The battle described in this film would make a great PBEM.

Agreed.

Seeing Kate Adie doing the video is for me a little odd - she was of course always on the news back a while.

And I loved the comment from the guy "the wife and I (😄) were on holiday and decided to call in at the Tank Museum".  Who wouldn't?